U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 07:29 PM

17 posts, read 30,877 times

Advertisements

Could anyone tell me if nixa is a rich snooty town or is an average blue collar hard workin ppl town.. i had called the chamber of commerce earlier today and talked with a VERY nice lady there and she gave me some good info on the town but i had forgotten to ask this question.

Thank you everyone for your replies

ps my hubby and i took a trip up there and we fell in love with the town and would like for it to be our new home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 PM

10 posts, read 17,131 times
haha that is funny. NO!!! I have not met any rich people since I moved here. I can't imagine who would have told you that.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:34 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,553,282 times
Well, the sign at the edge of town says Welcome to Nixa. We're not cocky, we're just better than you. The Bentley drivers won't even acknowledge anyone foolish enough to drive a Benz. Anyone without a hangar at the air field is a second class citizen. Etc.

I'm kidding. I'm kidding.

Nixa is a pretty typical town for this area. I wouldn't call it blue collar or white collar because people work in a broad variety of fields (and most commute to Springfield). It's simply a nice place for many to call home.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:44 AM

33 posts, read 66,155 times
Overall, no, Nixa is not a "snobby" community....but no matter where you live, you are going to encounter someone that thinks they are better (for whatever reason). I would not say that there are NO "rich" people in Nixa, like the previous poster said, but probably not as obvious as other communites. Of course, it's always easy to judge a book by its cover....much more difficult to read through the chapters and get to know someone before saying, "I have never met a rich person since living here". Heck (yes, I actually just used that term...wink wink)....my grandfather was a hard working Missouri farmer and my grandmother a school teacher...to the outsider, they were not "rich", but in actuality, they were wealthy but not obvious....like I said easier to judge someone based on the outside.

Back to the subject at hand. Nixa is friendly and people seem to be happy to live there. You said that you have a 17 year old daugther in another post....the schools are fabulous....the reason why we are moving from our town to Nixa. Good luck with your decision....drop me a line anytime!

Old 12-03-2009, 05:55 AM

41 posts, read 142,298 times
I was born and raised in Nixa and the only "rich" person I knew was an heir to the SDC owners. Nixa was a lot smaller when I left in 04, hard to recognize with all the new strip malls and chain restaurants.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:52 PM

86 posts, read 137,204 times
A funny thing happened to me on the way to Nixa!

My wife, daughter and I are interested in Nixa as well. I am moving to go to MSU in Springfield. And we posted a month or two earlier on this forum and it turns out a lady and her husband retired to Nixa from Jackson MS which is 3 hours North of where we live in Gulfport MS 3-5 months earlier. And all the information she gave us and the resources she sent our way caused us to fall in love with Nixa. And I researched the schools and they seem to be Top Notch! So now (Lord Willing!!) We are coming march to house or apartment hunt and hoping to call Nixa our new home by July.

To the author of this question. I have found more positives about Nixa and surrounding areas than I have negatives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area