Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:22 AM

31 posts, read 101,148 times

Advertisements

I'm sure it's has just about everything to do with the economy, but it is still alarming how frequent home invasions have become in Springfield and surrounding areas. It's also disappointing that I haven't read a headline, "Would-be Home Invaders Unable to be Pieced Back Together". Sounds like the only people with guns in Springfield are the ones doing the home invasions. Everyone needs at least a 12 gauge for instances like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,425,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscled1 View Post
Sounds like the only people with guns in Springfield are the ones doing the home invasions. Everyone needs at least a 12 gauge for instances like this.
Or perhaps the home invaders have been lucky enough (or planned well enough) to go into homes without guns. I can guarantee you that anyone breaking into my house with me inside will not be walking back out if I have anything to say about it. Among my "options" is a Benelli that cycles shells at a very high rate of speed.

With that said, I pray that no one ever puts me in a situation where I have to take such action. I'm much happier shooting ducks and turkey with my Benelli.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:38 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Where we live we recently had the first break-in in the 30 year history of our small (212 homes) and somewhat isolated community. It occurred at night and we surmise it was a couple of teens or very young adults. They beat feet when the homeowner, who was awakened by their entry, got up and call out, "I'm going to shoot you!" He would have! Most of us homeowners here are hunters and shooters and most homes contain guns.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 AM

1,814 posts, read 2,496,464 times
Shotgun owners seldom need to actually fire - usually the sound of the pump sliding is enough, even for the dumbest crminials!

Here's my home invasion deterrent - isn't she a beauty? quick, sleek and to the point:

Old 11-19-2009, 01:46 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,561,578 times
We don't often have home invasions in Phelps County. Here's one of two I know about. The invasion didn't turn out well for this invader. It didn't turn out well for the other one either, but I couldn't find a link.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:56 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Shotgun owners seldom need to actually fire - usually the sound of the pump sliding is enough, even for the dumbest crminials!
Same goes for pistol owners with laser sights. Where the red dot goes, so goes the bullet. Quite a deterrant, especially when it settles mid-chest, or just below the waist!

Old 11-19-2009, 05:46 PM

570 posts, read 1,582,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Same goes for pistol owners with laser sights. Where the red dot goes, so goes the bullet. Quite a deterrant, especially when it settles mid-chest, or just below the waist!
I am not sure I like the idea of a laser sight the Home Invaders can see where you are in the dark and may give them something to shoot at But I would like to see more of them taken out

Old 11-19-2009, 07:20 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscled1 View Post
I'm sure it's has just about everything to do with the economy, but it is still alarming how frequent home invasions have become in Springfield and surrounding areas. It's also disappointing that I haven't read a headline, "Would-be Home Invaders Unable to be Pieced Back Together". Sounds like the only people with guns in Springfield are the ones doing the home invasions. Everyone needs at least a 12 gauge for instances like this.
You Betcha!

You can put me in the "shoot and ask questions later" club.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-19-2009, 08:07 PM

31 posts, read 101,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post

Here's my home invasion deterrent - isn't she a beauty? quick, sleek and to the point:
Here's 2 of my stories within the last 4 years, both in Mesa, Az where I live:

1. Watching T.V. one day and heard someone walk up to the front door and kept jiggling the handle trying to open it. I did exactly what you said, I grabbed my shotgun, went up to the door(didn't open the door though) and pumped the shotgun. It was pretty funny hearing his shoes burning rubber away.

2. I parked in a hotel parking lot, got out of the truck and as I closed the door and turned to step on the sidewalk a guy was right in my face. By turning to step onto the sidewalk I exposed a .45 ACP holstered on my hip. Once he saw the .45 he ran quick too.

So in conclusion, if someone ever tells you Mesa Arizona is a nice place...you have my blessing to kick the right in the nuts and walk on.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:24 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,380,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You can put me in the "shoot and ask questions later" club.

20yrsinBranson

I'm a member myself. I look forward to seeing you all at the meeting next Wednesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area