U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 11:50 AM

1,618 posts, read 3,215,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosimer View Post
Ma'am,

I understand. I'm thinking of applying for Training Department since that is where my highest skill set is in. But, I do have backgrounds in Training, Communications and Networking, Leadership and Team Building, Science (Meteorology), Science (Simple Criminology), and Customer Service / Public Speaking. There are a few other mundane skills that TeleTech won't really find use for. I was thinking a pressed shirt and slacks with a tie would be ideal, just wanted to see if anyone had some insight...and you were there for me. Expedia doesn't seemto have much use for a lot of the skill sets I possess, but I will keep it in mind. Computer aptitude tests are quite funny, since I rebuild them and reformat the hard drives as a hobby. I'm really looking forward to this, thank you very much for your time and I appreciate all your help on this matter.

Gosimer
Judging from this and your last post, it sounds like you'll be an asset wherever you go, Gosimer! When do you think you'll be moving here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfTheOzarks View Post
First - don't watch the folks in the parking lot this week for ideas on how to dress for an interview! When the weather turns bad we relax the dress code considerably and call it a foul weather dress-down day (or something like that).

Being in training requires that you know the work environment quite well and although they will certainly consider you for training without having worked the "floor jobs" first if you have top of your class skills or hard to find experience, I would like to suggest that you definitely present the training department as your goal but also indicate some flexibility (assuming you are flexible) and willingness to take another job first.

The tech jobs require technical aptitude, willingness to learn and good customer service skills more than lots of experience. Without a doubt experience helps but, well, I've seen more than one person come in claiming to have lots of "experience" only to find they have more "bravado" than knowledge, don't want to follow the training we provide, and end up fighting the system rather than letting it work for them.

I don't care what job a person is applying for, insulting the interviewer by showing up in shorts and a t-shirt loses lots of points for the job candidate. Having said that, we occasionally have summer dress-down days at TeleTech so your interviewer might be dressed in shorts and a t-shirt! The folks that do the interviewing don't always get to choose when they do them - and we get surprised once in a while.

If you're insulted by showing up in a suit and tie and getting interviewed by a guy in shorts and a t-shirt then you might want to consider another company to work for. But if you want an opportunity to learn a lot about technology, have opportunity for advancement, meet a lot of people in a hurry (friends, industry contacts, references for that next job, etc) and work in an air-conditioned office as opposed to being outside in the hot summer heat or freezing winter conditions then you should consider TeleTech...

I probably sound like I work in HR but I don't. I've been at TeleTech almost three years and while I can't say it's the best job I've ever had it has been a good place to work, the benefits are good, the people are great, and when I do eventually move on it will be on good terms and I will continue to speak positively about the place if anyone asks.

So - guess I rambled on a bit, but if you wear a suit to the interview at TeleTech they don't take away points for that. TeleTech is a professional workplace and everyone definitely appreciates it when you know that in advance and show up with a professional attitude. If you show up in pressed slacks, a dress shirt and tie (with no jacket) that will be ok too.

Jeans and a t-shirt? Well, most of the people at TeleTech have a pretty good sense of humor so if you can make them laugh after showing up for an interview in blue jeans, then you might still have a shot!

Good luck.
Oh, I am so happy to see that you posted an answer, Geek! Whew! I just couldn't stand the thought of Gosimer not getting some sort of answer...even from someone who didn't work there so I just popped in with the best answer I could come up with! LOL! Your post is just full of great info so I'm sure others will be grateful, too!

I'm thinking of applying at Teletech soon, myself. I've heard people say it's better to work for one client or another but can't remember who they are or how that works. Can you give me some insight on that? Also, does TT post their job opportunities somewhere where we can see them online? A couple of other questions come to mind such as, "How long do they train you?", "Can you specify a specific shift preference?" and "Do they have people who work from home?"*

(*After leaving SunRocket/Bell Industries where I worked as a SuperTech in 2007, I eventually found work at home, working as an Independent Consultant for LiveOps for a couple of years.)

Thanks in advance!

MrsG...who would love to work secretarial there, too!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 01:03 AM

158 posts, read 312,880 times
I'm thinking of applying at Teletech soon, myself. I've heard people say it's better to work for one client or another but can't remember who they are or how that works. Can you give me some insight on that?

*** Company policy doesn't allow me to name specific clients but I can say we have a major notebook manufacturer, an electronics retailer and a financial client (that I am aware of) in the building. As far as individual client policies I honestly don't know much about the others, I support the notebook manufacturer and we're all somewhat separated so our work efforts don't cross boundaries. We all work for TeleTech so the benefits are the same & promotional opportunities allow you to move from one client to the other if you want to do that.

Also, does TT post their job opportunities somewhere where we can see them online?

*** www.hirepoint.com

A couple of other questions come to mind such as, "How long do they train you?"

*** Training is dependent on which client - 4-5 weeks seems to be common for all of them to get started, then as new services or products are brought in there is more training. On the notebook side we are constantly training to learn about new products, troubleshooting techniques and process changes.

"Can you specify a specific shift preference?" and "Do they have people who work from home?"*

*** Your performance counts for everything. We have lots of incentive programs including financial, several shifts to choose from and job change opportunities (lateral or promotion). Shifts are bid and the bids are based on a variety of things, such as how much time you've missed, how well you did on call-handling metrics, and one of our top performance metrics is how well our customers think you did. Yes, customer satisfaction is a very high priority at TeleTech.

*** TeleTech does have at least one client that allows employees to work from home however I only know this because I see the jobs posted from time to time. As far as I know, we don't have that program here in Springfield.

(*After leaving SunRocket/Bell Industries where I worked as a SuperTech in 2007, I eventually found work at home, working as an Independent Consultant for LiveOps for a couple of years.)
Thanks in advance!

*** It's funny - you mentioned secretarial work and I had to stop and think a moment but don't believe we have any secretaries in the building at all. As far as I know everyone is pretty much self-sufficient. We had a bit of a reorganization earlier this year and I would say TeleTech is a more lean-operation these days after the changes.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:19 PM

What can I say, Geek??? You are the coolest geek ever! I just wish C-D would allow me to give you some more rep!

Thanks for all the info! I figure since we're on such a roll, I'll ask a couple more questions...

Do they also allow for part-time? Does it take a long time to go through the hiring process?

On the secretarial topic, it's funny...I don't recall there being many desk jobs at the other call center I worked at and I wasn't privy to their job titles, either. It's okay...I'm good with that. It was just a last-minute thought since I'm experienced in that field, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfTheOzarks View Post
I'm thinking of applying at Teletech soon, myself. I've heard people say it's better to work for one client or another but can't remember who they are or how that works. Can you give me some insight on that?

*** Company policy doesn't allow me to name specific clients but I can say we have a major notebook manufacturer, an electronics retailer and a financial client (that I am aware of) in the building. As far as individual client policies I honestly don't know much about the others, I support the notebook manufacturer and we're all somewhat separated so our work efforts don't cross boundaries. We all work for TeleTech so the benefits are the same & promotional opportunities allow you to move from one client to the other if you want to do that.

Also, does TT post their job opportunities somewhere where we can see them online?

*** www.hirepoint.com

A couple of other questions come to mind such as, "How long do they train you?"

*** Training is dependent on which client - 4-5 weeks seems to be common for all of them to get started, then as new services or products are brought in there is more training. On the notebook side we are constantly training to learn about new products, troubleshooting techniques and process changes.

"Can you specify a specific shift preference?" and "Do they have people who work from home?"*

*** Your performance counts for everything. We have lots of incentive programs including financial, several shifts to choose from and job change opportunities (lateral or promotion). Shifts are bid and the bids are based on a variety of things, such as how much time you've missed, how well you did on call-handling metrics, and one of our top performance metrics is how well our customers think you did. Yes, customer satisfaction is a very high priority at TeleTech.

*** TeleTech does have at least one client that allows employees to work from home however I only know this because I see the jobs posted from time to time. As far as I know, we don't have that program here in Springfield.

Thanks in advance!

*** It's funny - you mentioned secretarial work and I had to stop and think a moment but don't believe we have any secretaries in the building at all. As far as I know everyone is pretty much self-sufficient. We had a bit of a reorganization earlier this year and I would say TeleTech is a more lean-operation these days after the changes.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 PM

158 posts, read 312,880 times
Default TeleTech -- Come On Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
What can I say, Geek??? You are the coolest geek ever! I just wish C-D would allow me to give you some more rep!

Thanks for all the info! I figure since we're on such a roll, I'll ask a couple more questions...

Do they also allow for part-time? Does it take a long time to go through the hiring process?

On the secretarial topic, it's funny...I don't recall there being many desk jobs at the other call center I worked at and I wasn't privy to their job titles, either. It's okay...I'm good with that. It was just a last-minute thought since I'm experienced in that field, too.
Thanks MrsG, the compliment is much appreciated!

FYI - I don't mind talking about work although they are a (somewhat) secretive bunch and I should probably start deferring questions to HR so I can avoid getting my keister in any hot water... Since I'm not in HR I don't really know all the ins 'n outs of the Q&A stuff.

Your latest questions seem pretty straight-forward though so no problem.

I don't know anyone personally that works part-time and don't think it's officially available in my area (PC support) although we have a variety of shift options, some people even get 4-day work weeks. They are also great about working with students, accommodating school schedules & so forth.

The length of the hiring process depends on a lot of things, some having to do with timing of the hiring cycle. If you're coming in as a tech they won't bring you in until a class starts. I got lucky - I interviewed on a Wednesday, was asked back for a second interview on Thursday, paperwork on Friday, and started class the following Monday.

Others have told me they waited over a month to get the call. There are other jobs besides being on the phone though and those are not tied to the training schedules.

Now, we do have quite a few "desk jobs" as you called them, and I don't know what everyone in the building does, but I know they are pretty much all individual contributors, analysts, things like that. They all get their own coffee and make their own copies.

Actually we are almost completely paperless now (almost, that's a hard habit to break) but making copies is quickly becoming a thing of the past anyway, and pretty much all filing is electronic, all non-verbal communication is electronic (very few "memos", post-its, and faxes), scheduling is electronic, come to think of it my PC is my secretary!

Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 PM

Good to know, Geek. Thanks!

Old 02-18-2011, 09:16 AM

Location: Great Falls, MT for now...but soon Springfield, MO.
5 posts, read 10,234 times
GOTO & MrsGene,

Thank you all for your help. To Mrs, looks like June 2011 will be the timeframe that I will be in the local area. Hopefully TeleTech is still hiring by then. But that is the earliest the military will let me go. Seems that the hiring process is very thourough, which I see as s good thing. I'm sure they also do a drug-screen (I'm sure that is an easy pass for me) and a background check (again...they will find 2 speeding tickets). This career sounds exactly what I am looking for! Thank you for the great information and I will see you all mid-summer.

Gosimer

Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosimer View Post
GOTO & MrsGene,

Thank you all for your help. To Mrs, looks like June 2011 will be the timeframe that I will be in the local area. Hopefully TeleTech is still hiring by then. But that is the earliest the military will let me go. Seems that the hiring process is very thourough, which I see as s good thing. I'm sure they also do a drug-screen (I'm sure that is an easy pass for me) and a background check (again...they will find 2 speeding tickets). This career sounds exactly what I am looking for! Thank you for the great information and I will see you all mid-summer.

Gosimer
I think TeleTech is one of those that is often or maybe even usually hiring, Gosimer. I haven't gone there yet, since I've been working for someone on a writing project. The book just went to the publishers so I'll be getting started looking for other work soon. I know, excuses, excuses, huh? LOL I'm full of them!

Actually, I have an application for another job that I will be filling out today. I am also trying to get another business off the ground and that stuff never seems to be quite finished. It'll all pay off eventually and am excited that I have my website up and running. That was a biggie and now, I need to start some guerrilla marketing.

Be sure and let us know when you are in the area. Maybe the Over the Fence Coffee Club will be meeting or we can put one together just for you!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,680 times
Angry Teletech

I had an interview, Dec 23,2011... I passed the assessment test had an interview that same day, 1st off 2 guys were present the interviewer seemed nice but the fruit loop with him was about stupid acting not sure why he was present he never even looked at me at rolled his eyes all over the room while the interview was being held.. I was not impressed by that one bit...After the interview, which was brief like 10 mins... He asked me if I had any questions, I asked when I might hear something from them, He said to watch my email and spam...that he would hate for me to miss an opportunity if it went to spam...SPAM? I mean isn't this a legit company...Well I called 12/28 after nothing from them watching my email like an Eagle.... I left a message that was wondering if they had a made a decision...Well nothing back....Well today I got a phone call, I was on an important call when the call came in so I couldn't take the call, Well I didn't get the job, not enough experience... 30 years in sales and customer service not enough? I am very disturbed by the whole interview process especially with that loon that was just rolling his eyes around the room my whole interview...actually it was distracting. I am calling them in the morning. Maybe this was a blessing but,honestly it was not professional at all. Sorry but had to vent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area