U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 06:55 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,693,599 times

Advertisements

My wife had a meeting in Springfield today.

Went to Springfield.My wife kicked me out at Bass Pro.Hadn't been in there in awhile.All I can say is WOW!!!

They've changed everything.Go in the Main Door turn to the right go to their New Fishing and Boating area.Go by a Beaver Dam backing up a Pond with Bass,Cats and Gar.Go past this on into the Swamp with Spanish Moss Laden Trees,Wild turkeys flying,Herd of Deer,watch for the Live Gator,on to Wild Boar.Made me want to go back and visit South of I-10.

Go back up to the Main Floor.Look up you find you are walking in about 25 feet of water.There is the Bottom of a Row Boat,Decoys with Weights hanging down.Fish including a Large Gar swiming above you.

Walk on through to the Waterfall area.They have Greened it up and added more Throphys.You are in an area with Bighorn Sheep,Large Bucks then the Grizzlys eating Salmon in the stream.Very much a show place.

They are still working on everything and can't wait to see what else they do.

hillman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 07:24 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,962,328 times
Since I have absolutely NO interest in seeing Wayne Newton or some Elvis impersonator in Branson, I now drop whoever is with me off at whatever show they want to see and the 1st place I head to is Bass Pro Shop! It's real easy to kill a couple of hours there! Or go trout fishing right behind the store on Lake Taneycomo!

Old 01-15-2010, 08:01 AM

418 posts, read 1,029,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
My wife had a meeting in Springfield today.

Went to Springfield.My wife kicked me out at Bass Pro.Hadn't been in there in awhile.All I can say is WOW!!!

They've changed everything.Go in the Main Door turn to the right go to their New Fishing and Boating area.Go by a Beaver Dam backing up a Pond with Bass,Cats and Gar.Go past this on into the Swamp with Spanish Moss Laden Trees,Wild turkeys flying,Herd of Deer,watch for the Live Gator,on to Wild Boar.Made me want to go back and visit South of I-10.

Go back up to the Main Floor.Look up you find you are walking in about 25 feet of water.There is the Bottom of a Row Boat,Decoys with Weights hanging down.Fish including a Large Gar swiming above you.

Walk on through to the Waterfall area.They have Greened it up and added more Throphys.You are in an area with Bighorn Sheep,Large Bucks then the Grizzlys eating Salmon in the stream.Very much a show place.

They are still working on everything and can't wait to see what else they do.

hillman
Glad to hear that! Have you heard any word on them opening up Wonders of Wildlife again?

Old 01-15-2010, 08:32 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,693,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
Glad to hear that! Have you heard any word on them opening up Wonders of Wildlife again?
Last I heard was December.But that is a sore Subject with many.

hillman

Old 01-15-2010, 11:11 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,551,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Since I have absolutely NO interest in seeing Wayne Newton or some Elvis impersonator in Branson, I now drop whoever is with me off at whatever show they want to see and the 1st place I head to is Bass Pro Shop! It's real easy to kill a couple of hours there! Or go trout fishing right behind the store on Lake Taneycomo!
Have you been to the BP in Springfield? Much, much more to see than the one in Branson. I have a lengthly list of complaints about shopping experiences at Bass Pro, but there is certainly a lot of neat stuff to look at there. I also really like the remodel that they've done at the front of the store that Hillman described. Very nice.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 PM

1,655 posts, read 2,976,964 times
I love the Springfield Bass Pro! It is more than just a store. I don't even fish or hunt but the place is fascinating to me and we go there every time we visit Springfield. There is something for everybody at Bass Pro. (And no, I don't work there or have any financial interest in them.. it's just a lot of fun to go there).

Old 01-27-2010, 09:52 AM

46 posts, read 106,528 times
Default Bass Pro and WOW !!!!

I love Bass Pro !!! Not for the merchandise, though, for the scenery *LOL* !!! I love the remodeling and all of the ' nature aspects ' of Bass Pro. You can see the animals without having to worry about being chased by a bear *LOL*.

As far as Wonders of Wildlife, I am hoping it does open back up and maybe my boyfriend can get his job back there !!!! I am the only reason he stays in Springfield or he would have headed back down south a long time ago.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 AM

697 posts, read 878,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Last I heard was December.But that is a sore Subject with many.

hillman
Why is that? We never went - thought it was too expensive.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:55 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,322,237 times
I like Bass Pro for the selection and especially, the price of ammunition. It's nice to live within about 25 minutes of the Branson store. The Springfield shop does have some wonderful wildlife displays.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:13 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,110 posts, read 7,351,136 times
they sure have alot of my $$$$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area