U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 09:03 AM

48 posts, read 97,891 times

Advertisements

I have been kind of "researching" online about the weather in the Branson area, but I'm not sure that it's totally accurate. What is the weather like there? We are in Nebraska, and the summers are okay, we don't get much spring and fall anymore, and the winters are completely disgusting. Super cold all winter, lots of snow, truthfully, I'm just really sick of it being so cold. It's bitter for pretty much the whole winter.

Our desire is to move somewhere where we will have four seasons of weather, but with winters that are milder than they are here. Is the Branson area the right place to be looking? Do you have alot of bitterly cold days? Input is much appreciated!

Bec
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 10:04 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,693,962 times
This Winter to me has been more towards what I consider normal.Which has been 3-4 weeks of pretty cold temps.

hillman

Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,327,697 times
Well, it's below freezing right now but feels warmer due to the sun. We have 4-6 inches of snow and it's melting as I write. Temperatures in the low to upper 40s are forecast over the next two weeks and the sky is clear and cloudless after fog this morning.

I would say that SW MO (we're on Table Rock Lake) is perfect if you want four distinct seasons and none of them particularly harsh.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Well, it's below freezing right now but feels warmer due to the sun. We have 4-6 inches of snow and it's melting as I write. Temperatures in the low to upper 40s are forecast over the next two weeks and the sky is clear and cloudless after fog this morning.

I would say that SW MO (we're on Table Rock Lake) is perfect if you want four distinct seasons and none of them particularly harsh.
That sounds exactly like what I am looking for. I made a post a week ago or so about moving to the Rockaway area. There is just so much bitter cold in Nebraska in the winter anymore, and fall and spring are about non existant. You go from hot to cold with nothing in between

Appreciate your input!

Bec

Old 02-01-2010, 04:52 PM

193 posts, read 699,266 times
Our family moved to Kimberling City last March from Sioux Falls, South Dakota, so I can totally relate to knowing how harsh those winters are. The locals tell me this has been a rough winter and if this is as bad as it gets, I'll take it!
There's NO WIND!!!! to speak of here. Sure.....a few 30 mph days, but from where I am originally from, that's an everyday occurrence!! The summer was definitely warmer than up north, but not too bad in my opinion. After being here for almost a year, I am happy we moved here because of the weather.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanjosbrand View Post
Our family moved to Kimberling City last March from Sioux Falls, South Dakota, so I can totally relate to knowing how harsh those winters are. The locals tell me this has been a rough winter and if this is as bad as it gets, I'll take it!
There's NO WIND!!!! to speak of here. Sure.....a few 30 mph days, but from where I am originally from, that's an everyday occurrence!! The summer was definitely warmer than up north, but not too bad in my opinion. After being here for almost a year, I am happy we moved here because of the weather.
The more I research the area and the weather and all the important things that you look into when you move, the more I think this is a fantastic idea

Thanks for your input!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,685,471 times
Cool Nebraska...

Actually, I've worked with a couple of families lately that have moved (or are moving) down to Table Rock Lake from Omaha and I'm sure they'd be delighted to give you all the direct down 'n dirty about the differences... It sounds to me like it's a lot less severe down here.

Although it's not Key West...

Old 02-03-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Actually, I've worked with a couple of families lately that have moved (or are moving) down to Table Rock Lake from Omaha and I'm sure they'd be delighted to give you all the direct down 'n dirty about the differences... It sounds to me like it's a lot less severe down here.

Although it's not Key West...
I actually have some good friends moving to Merriam Woods this month

The area is definitely appealing. My hubby is from Boston, and when we lived there, it reminded me a bit of MO, all the trees, the winding roads, the water...I think he will really enjoy it. He's getting his first taste of MO in May when we come on vacation. I just wish we were moving sooner, I can't stand the thought of two more winters here!

Never been to Key West, but then again the Florida area has never interested me (nor has island living). Thanks for your input!

Bec

Old 02-10-2010, 04:51 AM

5 posts, read 10,209 times
Move to Miami. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area