U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 06:32 PM

44 posts, read 130,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisman View Post
Seriously, It's posts like these that chase people away from Christianity.
Exactly! Away from Christianity and toward Jesus Christ, for he hath the words of eternal life.

Jay, when you visit the various clubs, ask the Leader if there's a loan on the building or if it was paid for in cash.

Let me know which club entices you to join and then persuades you to give money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 06:44 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,552,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeVeryWise View Post
I said social clubs. Read carefully please.
I fully understood what you wrote. Apparently you didn't read the OP's question carefully enough, though.

You clearly have an agenda to push. Why not make your own thread instead of trying to derail this one and detract from what could otherwise be a useful thread for people looking at churches in this area?

Old 02-12-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeVeryWise View Post
Exactly! Away from Christianity and toward Jesus Christ, for he hath the words of eternal life.

Jay, when you visit the various clubs, ask the Leader if there's a loan on the building or if it was paid for in cash.

Let me know which club entices you to join and then persuades you to give money.
Seriously, knock it off. There are plenty of places in this forum to debate Christianity. This thread is not one of them.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
I fully understood what you wrote. Apparently you didn't read the OP's question carefully enough, though.

You clearly have an agenda to push. Why not make your own thread instead of trying to derail this one and detract from what could otherwise be a useful thread for people looking at churches in this area?
Well of course I have an agenda, just like you and the others have an agenda. My agenda is to help Jay find believers in Christ, the church, where I stated: "If you want to find THE church, then seek out the true believers who ARE the church." This is what he wants to know. I also have an agenda to ensure that Jay doesn't deceive himself and allow others to give him a false assurance of salvation as is typical nowadays. This is love. If Jay has repented and now believes the gospel, then his only concern should be what God wants, not what Jay wants.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
Seriously, knock it off. There are plenty of places in this forum to debate Christianity. This thread is not one of them.
What debate?

Just helping Jay.

We don't want Jay ensnared into some cult thinking he has eternal life.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:54 PM

3 posts, read 4,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayW88 View Post
I've lived in Springfield all 21 years of my short life, and know how many churches this town has. As someone who recently made the decision to give my heart and life to Jesus Christ, it can be overwhelming to search for a church.

So does anyone have any suggestions on the south side of town?

Take your time, and really search your thoughts and feelings as well as the teaching of each church you encounter. Don't be too quick to judge anything, and rely both on the spirit moving you and your own mind (God gave it to you for a reason, right? ). In my humble opinion there is nothing better than coming home from a service and feeling uplifted and ready to help those around you.

The best thing to do is be patient, and read that Bible, a lot! If you have decided to follow the path of Christianity than learn it for yourself. People will always try to help but you have to remember that as people we all have faults and we all make mistakes.

1 Corinthians 13:13

Old 02-15-2010, 09:57 AM

Jay, were you able to visit any new churches this weekend? I hope that your search is going well and I apologize for going off on a tangent with another poster. I will not disrespect your thread by doing so any longer.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:12 AM

26 posts, read 66,529 times
Praise God that you are beginning such a wonderful journey! I have been attending Wesley United Methodist for the past year, and my family and I are joining this Sunday. I have found that there is something there for everyone. It is a very welcoming and supportive congregation. Wesley provides several avenues to use your gifts to serve God and the community. They are a very active church, not really for people who just want to sit in the pews on Sundays. They encourage everyone to get invovled and make a real difference, and to do it in a way that feels right for you. It's a large church, but they have several small groups you can get involved with to meet people one on one, according to your age and interests. They meet you where you are in life. The pastors and staff are friendly and helpful. If you visit, stop by the visitor's center and pick up a mug. Inside you should find a ticket for a free WOW (Wesley on Wednesdays) meal. This is an excellent gathering time, when we enjoy an meal together, which is prepared by a chef and a huge staff of volunteers. I would like to recommend Jim Massey's Sunday school class. It's called Faith Walkers. I think Jim will be visiting the Holy Land in a week or two, so if you miss him, please come back. He is passionate about the Lord and I always find his class very inspiring. I see that you are the same age as my daughter, so I would also recommend the college age class, which is the one she attends. There are 2 or 3 small groups in your age bracket that also meet throughout the week. They do a lot of fun activities and I'm sure you'll make friends. I'll be praying that God will lead you on the right path for you, according to His Will. Peace.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,304 times
Hey beverywise,
Are you satan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area