U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Blue Eye, MO
6 posts, read 5,248 times
Reputation: 16
Default THE Dentist in the Branson area....Wow!

I moved to the area about 2 years ago and have been in some Doctors/Dentists offices that would have been torn down if they were in the town where I'm from. I had lost all hope until I went to a Dentist off of Hwy 86, close to Big Cedar Lodge. His name is Dr. Nick Yiannios. I initially heard about him through some people I met close to my house, and decided to make an appointment to get my teeth cleaned. I was so surprised when I walked in his beautiful, rustic office. This office has rustic decor but is more high tech then any big city Dentist I have ever seen. I think Dr. Nick puts all of his money back into his practice. He has pictures on the walls of some of the work he has done on some of his patients; I was so impressed.
They have this tiny little thing that goes in the mouth to take the x-rays, and she used some really interested tool that cleaned my teeth like I've never experienced before. Then Dr. Nick came in to talk to me and do the exam, and he explained this process he does called CAD/CAM. I hope none of you ever need a crown but if you do, THIS is the place to get it done! This guy has an education that only 6 others in the world have proven! The thing I like best is that Dr. Nick wants me to keep the majority of my tooth, so he custom made the crown to fit just the bad part of my tooth WHILE I WAS THERE. I LOVE it!! I was all done in 1 visit. What a great place! I think the world should know this Dr. Nick is hidden in the woods. The office web site is : www.1VisitDDS.com, phone number 417-334-2131

Last edited by steadyteddy; 03-13-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Status: "Lake time is deducted from your age...;)" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City
1,801 posts, read 3,423,654 times
Reputation: 1514
Cool The Wall of Fame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyteddy View Post
...<snip>... He has pictures on the walls of some of the work he has done on some of his patients;
See if you can find the Lake Junkie's pics on the wall next time...

He's a great dentist, fair pricing due to the out-of-the-way location in the woods. And as much fun as you're going to have being tortured...


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
14,822 posts, read 17,244,393 times
Reputation: 18876
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyteddy View Post
I moved to the area about 2 years ago and have been in some Doctors/Dentists offices that would have been torn down if they were in the town where I'm from. I had lost all hope until I went to a Dentist off of Hwy 86, close to Big Cedar Lodge. His name is Dr. Nick Yiannios. I initially heard about him through some people I met close to my house, and decided to make an appointment to get my teeth cleaned. I was so surprised when I walked in his beautiful, rustic office. This office has rustic decor but is more high tech then any big city Dentist I have ever seen. I think Dr. Nick puts all of his money back into his practice. He has pictures on the walls of some of the work he has done on some of his patients; I was so impressed.
They have this tiny little thing that goes in the mouth to take the x-rays, and she used some really interested tool that cleaned my teeth like I've never experienced before. Then Dr. Nick came in to talk to me and do the exam, and he explained this process he does called CAD/CAM. I hope none of you ever need a crown but if you do, THIS is the place to get it done! This guy has an education that only 6 others in the world have proven! The thing I like best is that Dr. Nick wants me to keep the majority of my tooth, so he custom made the crown to fit just the bad part of my tooth WHILE I WAS THERE. I LOVE it!! I was all done in 1 visit. What a great place! I think the world should know this Dr. Nick is hidden in the woods. The office web site is : www.1VisitDDS.com, phone number 417-334-2131

redux of other thread on this board. Sorry.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Hills & Hollers of the Aux Arcs
18,958 posts, read 15,719,792 times
Reputation: 16816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
See if you can find the Lake Junkie's pics on the wall next time...

He's a great dentist, fair pricing due to the out-of-the-way location in the woods. And as much fun as you're going to have being tortured...


Someone we both know had her first appointment today and actually enjoyed it! Is that sick, or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Rural Pacific NW
218 posts, read 323,862 times
Reputation: 152
Wow, all the scaredy-cats who need to go to the dentist will be booking the next flight to Branson!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2010, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Hills & Hollers of the Aux Arcs
18,958 posts, read 15,719,792 times
Reputation: 16816
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXknitter View Post
Wow, all the scaredy-cats who need to go to the dentist will be booking the next flight to Branson!!!!
And well they should. My wife had her second appointment today during which he rebuilt and crowned a tooth, and she's actually looking forward to going back for another procedure next week!

Now I KNOW that's sick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2010, 10:01 PM
 
5 posts, read 5,619 times
Reputation: 10
Default Wanna know what else is sick?!

I saw this guy myself this week. I needed a root canal and a crown and a friend of mine in Branson refered me to him. I'll be damned if he didn't do it all in less than 3 hours...and it didn't hurt! I can't even tell the tooth's been worked on!! It had this huge ugly silver filling that was falling apart and now it looks like it did when I was 20 and the tooth was still a "virgin". That CAD machine of his is amazing, and he's definitely adept at using it. I even sat there and read the book he wrote on the process while he was building the crown on the computer. It's made out of solid porcelain w/o any ugly metals in it, and he customizes the thing to match the tooth exactly. It's wild... I hate to admit it, but I'm going back to let him place 4 porcelain veneers on 4 of my front teeth next month... Neatest part, those veneers will be done that same day w/o those crazy temporaries! This Dr. Nick is serious stuff guys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
970 posts, read 916,808 times
Reputation: 445
How are his rates? I have to have some teeth fixed from the accident I was in. It will be coming out of my pocket rather than the insurance companies. Even though I was not at fault in the wreck, they will not cover teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Hills & Hollers of the Aux Arcs
18,958 posts, read 15,719,792 times
Reputation: 16816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
How are his rates? I have to have some teeth fixed from the accident I was in. It will be coming out of my pocket rather than the insurance companies. Even though I was not at fault in the wreck, they will not cover teeth.
Just returned from dropping off my wife for some more work. Dr. Nick's rates are very reasonable compared to what we were used to in California and he provides a complete work plan showing maximums and minimums, depending on what he actually ends up having to do so there are no surprises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
970 posts, read 916,808 times
Reputation: 445
Excellent I may have to set up an appointment with him. Is he still accepting patients? Or will I need to call him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top