U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 11:29 AM

5 posts, read 16,878 times

Advertisements

Hello All...

We are considering a move to St. George and I have a few questions, that you may be able to answer.
Can you tell me the what the average utility bill is for water & electric.
Coming from Washington state, I am a little curious how much more the utilities would be, especially in the summer months.
Also, where (neighborhood/area) would be best to rent a home..

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 03:50 PM

127 posts, read 328,387 times
Hi,
I moved here 5 years ago from the Sacramento area. I find the utility bills here to be cheaper than there, even though I need more heat and cooling here. My SG city utility bill this month, for 32 days (5/20-6/21/10) is $127.03. The electric part of that is $58.77 (at 6.81c/kwh) plus $9.80 standard "customer charge" (what you pay in addition, no matter how much you use). The monthly bill includes water (20.69), sewer (17.28), garbage (10.70), franchise--whatever that is! for $4.11, drainage f ($1.75), WCD surcharge (for ??) $1.75, and sales tax ($2.43). In '09 August (very hot, July and August), the city bill was $169.

Natural gas is from another company. Most homes use gas for heat and electricity for cooling. It's cold in the winter--my gas bill was highest in Jan. '09 at $187, but the highest this past winter, Jan. '10, was "only" $144. This month's gas bill (no heat needed) is $15 (water heater, stove). This is for a free standing 4 bedroom house, about 2,000 sq. feet, high ceilings.

I'm sure all that is WTMI--way too much information. Sorry. The summary--utilities are reasonable!
Summer gas and electric should be under $200 combined.

Paradise Canyon, a subdivision at Snow Canyon Parkway and North Bluff, is a nice homeowners' association place with pools, and has a few homes for rent. A lot of the places here are vacationers' homes, and it's quiet.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:12 PM

27 posts, read 77,763 times
My house is all electric and I spend about two weeks monthly in it. My total bill for power,water and garbage is between 80 and 95$ a month. St. George is charging for garbage pick up if you need or not and I find that strange.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:55 PM

Thank you both, KarenSG and Kurvinek..

This information helps a great deal, it sounds like the utilities will be a bit cheaper than in Wa. state.
We have been in St George for the Parade of Homes and have driven around the area you mentioned (Snow Canyon Parkway).. I find that area to be just beautiful, as is all of St. George.
We will be traveling to visit once again the coming August in an attempt to see how we do with HOT weather. As you can imagine, hot weather in Washington is rare.
Thanks again.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:24 PM

KarenSG..

I noticed a status change.. does that mean that you have changed your mind about recommending Snow Canyon and Paradise Canyon..
I am fairly new to this and may have misunderstood the meaning of "Status".
Thanks
Oh, by the way.. we spent a week in St George recently.. found the weather not to unbearable.
However, I was just curious if you have found the temps to be in the 100's during the summer, since you have lived in the area.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:09 PM

26 posts, read 76,589 times
Cost of Living comparison calculator will give a comparison between your city and St George. For utilities it is fairly accurate, not so much for real estate (due to economy downfall).

Old 08-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Thank you for the additional information, Gandolier. I will check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George