Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,728 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I recently moved into town, looking for new couple friends to hangout with, have cocktails by the pool, have dinner parties with and discuss art, music with, go to LV and LA with just for laughs. We are liberal, in our 40's and 50's from Europe and are having a hard time finding people who have the same take on life. We are gay friendly, just want to meet fun people (no drugs or attitudes please).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 01:54 PM

370 posts, read 1,563,976 times
Sorry, I don't live in SG but your ad caught my eye (and also 204 other views). Kind of hard to imagine what brought a worldly, cosmopolitan, European couple to St George??!! The good news it's less than 2 hours to Las Vegas!!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:14 PM

159 posts, read 558,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightnurse613 View Post
Kind of hard to imagine what brought a worldly, cosmopolitan, European couple to St George??!! The good news it's less than 2 hours to Las Vegas!!
That's somewhat of a lame attack on St George. Doesn't seem like you have a clue about the area & or some of its inhabitants.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:19 PM

370 posts, read 1,563,976 times
As I pointed out, I don't live in St George (but have been there for Zion's and some of it's other outdoor splendors in addition to just passing thru). I don't think it was a lame attack though because, as I pointed out, I was just repeating what the OP said and, let's face it; 200 + people in a two week period had looked at the posting and didn't bother to indicate they were in disagreement. I'm not sure your comments do either!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:43 PM

75 posts, read 60,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSeekerGirl View Post
Hi, my husband and I recently moved into town, looking for new couple friends to hangout with, have cocktails by the pool, have dinner parties with and discuss art, music with, go to LV and LA with just for laughs. We are liberal, in our 40's and 50's from Europe and are having a hard time finding people who have the same take on life. We are gay friendly, just want to meet fun people (no drugs or attitudes please).
Try this:
I just moved to town, looking for a few friends to chill with, drink beer, hang out by the wading pool, have BBQs and discuss hunting, country music, go to the ranch and kick chickens in the ditch just for fun. We are Rednecks, old enough, born and bred in the U-S -of mutha ****in-A and are having trouble meeting people that ain't all uppity. We are friendly to everyone, just want to meet fun people( no vegans or smug pretentious jerks please.)

Your in the wrong town to be so full of yourself. San Francisco is further west.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:48 AM

600 posts, read 1,932,616 times
Yeah right, moving to St.George in Utah and then complaining about it being "too Mormon" and not liberal enough.
Heck, just don't move there if you don't like it. I don't move to Castro, San Francisco and wish I had more non-gay conservative LDS friends

Btw I am European too so this should not matter where someone comes from. Are all Europeans worldly cosmopolitans and liberal? Nope!

Old 11-11-2011, 04:05 PM

38 posts, read 81,839 times
Wow, Sunseeker, I am apologizing for the harsh tones by "the few". Nightnurse, you were right-on, too! If you ever come up to the Hudson Valley in NY, I think you will find the type of people you are looking for........but it won't be so close to LV or LA!

Old 12-15-2011, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,032 times
y is everyone so angry? cant we all just get along or just wipe out all opposing sides. does it matter if people think differently than u do? isnt that what makes us human? if someone doesnt beleive in ur god is it right to be angry about it? is that what ur god wants u to do? and if someone believes in god and u dont, does it really matter. let them be godless heathens, let them be blind following idiot religious sheep.
if a man inserts his penis in another man's rectum does it hurt ur ass? seriously quit worrying about what everyone else is doing and start improving yourselves to make this world a better place.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:25 PM

317 posts, read 651,788 times
As you can see by some of the posts, there are some snarky people in St. George. Try Cedar City, many people here aren't as all into your business and attack-happy so much as they are in St. George, that goes for the LDS here as well as non LDS. It's more laid back, we have festivals like Groovefest and even a wine club that meets monthly (that serves food and non drinkers are welcome at). It's still very conservative, but I think the laid-backness means people are less uptight. It's pretty cold in winter but that sure beats the chilly snarkiness of some people in St. George!

Old 12-16-2011, 04:44 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,557 times
St George is full of mountainbillies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
View detailed profiles of: