Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 03:54 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,828,626 times

Advertisements

Just curious. For those of you that reside in St. George do you feel that the city has too many restaurants; just enough restaurants; or needs more restaurants? For those that think the city needs more restaurants or a specific kind of restaurant what would you like to have in St. George? Lastly, which place do you think has the best Mexican food? Thanks in advance.

-Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 07:04 PM

102 posts, read 305,537 times
I like Don Pedros. I also like Durangos.
There is another restaurant in St. G, I think it's on 700, and their food was good, but I like DP better. We haven't even tried half of the Mexican restaurants in town, though, so my opinions are based on just a few of the places we've tried.

I think there are probably just enough restaurants. However, WHERE is the Dunkin Donuts?! Such a bummer when we moved here and discovered there weren't any. It would have been a deal-breaker for me, had I known in advance.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM

218 posts, read 239,252 times
When my family comes from out of state, they always want to go to Pancho & Lefty's at least once each trip.
If I had one place I would like to see come to town, it would be Long John Silvers.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:02 PM

We keep saying we want to try Pancho & Lefty's. We are going out with friends Saturday night, maybe we will try it then!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:14 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,828,626 times
Thanks for your posts! How about Cafe' Rio? I've heard that place is an award winner. Any thoughts on this place? Thanks.

-Cheers.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:51 PM

The place is *always* packed when I drive by during peak-times, like overflowing out the door, but I've never eaten there. It's on my list of places to go, though.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:43 PM

13 posts, read 30,492 times
Cafe Rio is delicious (LOVE their pork salad w/ the creamy tomatillo house dressing)! There is a reason it's so busy We also like Casa Dona Maria (on 700 S.) and Peppers Cantina in the Bloomington area. I thought Pancho and Leftys was ok. I have heard good things about Don Pedros but still need to try it. We have also tried Paula's and enjoyed the food & the view, but felt they were a little overpriced.

I think St. George has about the right amount of restaurants, but there are still a few I would love to see come to the area... specifically Zupas (found in Northern Utah... although Kneaders & Paradise Bakery are similar), and maybe another Italian restaurant other than Olive Garden... like Macaroni Grill or Carrabbas. Those were a few of my favorites when I lived in Utah County that I really miss down here!

I wouldn't mind a Dunkin Donuts either... where do people get good donuts around here? Any suggestions?

Old 10-05-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfhd View Post
Cafe Rio is delicious (LOVE their pork salad w/ the creamy tomatillo house dressing)! There is a reason it's so busy We also like Casa Dona Maria (on 700 S.) and Peppers Cantina in the Bloomington area. I thought Pancho and Leftys was ok. I have heard good things about Don Pedros but still need to try it. We have also tried Paula's and enjoyed the food & the view, but felt they were a little overpriced.

I think St. George has about the right amount of restaurants, but there are still a few I would love to see come to the area... specifically Zupas (found in Northern Utah... although Kneaders & Paradise Bakery are similar), and maybe another Italian restaurant other than Olive Garden... like Macaroni Grill or Carrabbas. Those were a few of my favorites when I lived in Utah County that I really miss down here!

I wouldn't mind a Dunkin Donuts either... where do people get good donuts around here? Any suggestions?
I agree about the Italian restaurant! I love Carrabba's, but haven't eaten at one since we moved from Virginia 10 years ago.

Casa Dona Maria's is the other Mexican place I was thinking of. We like Don Pedros better.

As for donuts, i have NO idea! LOL. There is a gas station on St. George Blvd that has Krispy Kremes, but that's all I have seen, and I've never gone inside and checked out their selection, so it could be a bust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George