Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:47 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,732,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Coolcats...obviously the poster has had issues with this in the past or they wouldn't be asking. I know what kind of attorney they are looking for but its not up to me to disclose that and it isn't anyone's business...but they are real issues...and you act like the poster is a loser....they are not, they have a real concern...how do you know what their phone manner is...too many assumptions here....now why would Akaat be anything but polite in contacting the bar association. Its to their advantage to be polite; you get more with sugar than salt. I thought it was strange to be referred to the internet...geez...they could have done that themselves...duh

Maybe Akaat can contact Nevada1 by direct message or email and get more advice..
Sorry to hear that they are real issues. AKKATs tone rubs me wrong. Could be just me though. Sometimes people don't consider all the factors, so I wanted to point out a bunch of questions that we don't know about in this case. That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 04:04 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
Sorry to hear that they are real issues. AKKATs tone rubs me wrong. Could be just me though. Sometimes people don't consider all the factors, so I wanted to point out a bunch of questions that we don't know about in this case. That is all.

Thats ok Cool..I didn't mean to get my undies in a knot, but it is really hurtful sometimes that everyone thinks that we non lds are the entire problem. I don't know about the rest of the state, but the majority of mormons I have met here live in their little bubble...nothing outside that bubble exists. I think those of us who come from other places have had such diversity in our lives we just don't get it. I have truly never, ever in all my 54 years been shunned like I have here. My folks live with us, thats a whole other issue, but it makes me sad when my dad is out in the front yard watering or putzing around and he makes the effor to say hello and he gets stared at like he hopped off the moon. How mean. My mom is pretty much housebound so its not a big deal to her, but my dad is an interesting guy if someone would get to know him. But the house is for sale and I hope when it sells they are happy, at least we are quiet and keep the place up. Who knows what will move in...not my problem.
Like I said, we all have issues and problems it is not only revolving around where we live, but it sure hasn't helped...

I am listening to some cool 70's and 80s music I have downloaded on my computer. ABBA, Little River Band, Bon Jovi, REO Speedwagon, BTO. It's a music kind of afternoon..loud and blasting..at least in my ears..i have earphones in as the parents probably would not be happy. I miss cranking up the stereo and dancing around my living room. Someday.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:01 PM

242 posts, read 1,117,090 times
We have a person who asks for help but is completely vague about the need. Contacting the Bar Association will get you a receptionist that will mostly direct you back to either the local phone book or now it seems the internet. Surprise I got the same reaction when I called the Bar Association in San Francisco. There are legal aide groups that do referrals. Those you can get better help from. Without details asking for help on this board is like asking for medical help and not saying what the problem is. You will get many different reactions.

As always the non verses the LDS rears it's head and people get upset. The OP might find a non LDS attoney might not give him a better answer either. What attornies look for is is it economically feasiable. Will it cost you more to fight than the return? Or is it expected to be handled on a contingency basis. If so they will look at their likely hood of making money off it when it is still not an assured thing. Sad state of our legal system when it all comes down to how much you are willing to pay for their services.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:19 PM

Well, I'm sure glad everyone on this board is so damn smart. I can only imagine if I lived out of state and had Utah issue how hard it would be to find an attorney long distance. I probably wouldn't even know where to start looking. Not everyone is that smart I guess..

I didn't say it was the Utah Bar exclusively that did not refer correctly, if that is what the term is..see I am just not that smart. And I will say that the issue that Akkat is dealing with would probably be better dealt with a non LDS attorney. Not everyone is looking for money. Or maybe they are..

Since I am in So Utah I am going to try to help Akkat out, maybe I can do some searching.
Night.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:00 PM

242 posts, read 1,117,090 times
Well Dogmom, we live about 8 miles apart so I guess being just a bit North East I don't qualify as a So. Utahan. I didn't say that Akkat was looking for money, I said the attornies look at that. Funny someone asks for advise here, and if someone knows and it is not what they want to hear, You get attacked for being smart? If you don't want many different answers, don't ask! That is what a forum like this will give you. You get good, bad and indifferent answers that will fit to what you want. As to how I know, I looked it up in the phone book first time I was confronted with a legal problem. I doubt the attornies religion has a bit of anything to do with the legal problem being faced by the OP, unless it is to sue the Mormon church. That is pure speculation. Since the problem is a total unknown, and religion is the only quantifier it leaves you wondering.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:43 PM

Oh good grief...Akkat...just get in touch with me...or not..it's obvious I am an idiot and not smart enough or eloquent enough in my flowery words to help you out here...adios

Old 11-17-2007, 11:55 PM

52 posts, read 165,605 times
Mom:

You are absolutely not an idiot! Plus, you have great taste in music!
I don't know what Akkat's issues are, I have worked with Attorney's and Judges in other areas of the Country. Most are lame in their chosen profession and its hard to find one thats honest and hardworking. Also, they are often slanted by their own beliefs, although they wouldn't admit to that fact. So, for C-sakes, if anyone actually knows of a lawyer worth his 2 cents please let this woman know! It would maybe help if we knew what kind of court, Superior- Civil, Criminal, Juvenile, Probate etc....

But then again, most are too busy pontificating their own cause then to lend a hand or a ear.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 PM

22 posts, read 65,296 times
wow what a pot i have stirred... we are in need of a family lawyer. this case is not about money.. it is about family. simple as that. Mom thanks for the support... you bring a smile and warmth to this cold cold place.( meaning AK) now just for an fyi... i have had 3 lawyers.. all mormon. all with their religion worn on their sleeve( metaphorically speaking) like a badge of courage. the only one who was fair and honest was the one who was not a family lawyer and he was not a practicing member of his church. the other two were a joke. when it got down to brass tacks much was said and no follow through when it mattered. the guy who helped the most in fact i believe has left town under suspicious circumstances or we would use him. however, he treated the case in a fair manner and rectified some very obvious wrongs..But, the case still lingers on .... and well... as i said ...all that is needed it a fair and impartial representation. one that is not biased and serves an agenda that best serves their own kind.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,270 times
Akkat

I have an attorney that is from the Cent Utah area but is on the ball and great with family law and travels all over the state so location shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you are still in need and I'll get you his information.

neaz

Old 11-29-2007, 03:24 PM

22 posts, read 65,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neaz1 View Post
Akkat

I have an attorney that is from the Cent Utah area but is on the ball and great with family law and travels all over the state so location shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you are still in need and I'll get you his information.

neaz
please send me the info. i would greatly appreciate the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George