Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 09:24 AM

390 posts, read 755,655 times

Advertisements

I live in a fa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 09:31 AM

390 posts, read 755,655 times
Sorry, didn't finish....I live in a fairly quiet neighborhood, but last night, it sounded like a war zone. Hey, I don't have a problem with fireworks but when it sounds like a bomb going off at 1am, I am not a happy camper. Where are the police????? If it was a normal Sat. night and ANYONE was having a party...police would be jolly on the spot to break it up for noise. The poor animals and anyone who has served in a war zone must have been going crazy! I swear if it happens on "Pioneer Day", I will call the police. There is no need to just set off stuff that sounds like a big boom, they must be illegal and certainly after midnight MUST be a noise issue. Can't dance, can't have party, but it's ok for fireworks? UGHHH

Old 07-05-2015, 06:19 PM

148 posts, read 459,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
Sorry, didn't finish....I live in a fairly quiet neighborhood, but last night, it sounded like a war zone. Hey, I don't have a problem with fireworks but when it sounds like a bomb going off at 1am, I am not a happy camper. Where are the police????? If it was a normal Sat. night and ANYONE was having a party...police would be jolly on the spot to break it up for noise. The poor animals and anyone who has served in a war zone must have been going crazy! I swear if it happens on "Pioneer Day", I will call the police. There is no need to just set off stuff that sounds like a big boom, they must be illegal and certainly after midnight MUST be a noise issue. Can't dance, can't have party, but it's ok for fireworks? UGHHH
You're singing my song!! Those loud booms from all directions sounded like cannons, and "war zone" popped into my head too. After two and a half hours of the excessive noise I was thinking POLICE, please! The less loud noise lasted longer and started well before dark. I thought I was prepared this year, with the TV turned up, and expectations of noise--but last night was the worst ever. There are many birds in our neighborhood!! Where are the environmentalists? Nobody cares. Wonder how many lost dogs and cats there are today. I hate (strong word, on purpose) having a whole week of this (if what I heard on the radio is true) for each of both July events. The noise here started on July 1st, before dark.

Thank you for posting!!

Old 07-05-2015, 07:44 PM

218 posts, read 241,743 times
I too was ready to call the police, but luckily they stopped the cannons about midnight. they did continue with other types of fireworks until after 1:00. Someone on the street behind me has been starting fireworks at about 11:00 every evening for the last week, and going until 1. I am so ready to get a good nights sleep. I just moved to this neighborhood, and am told that it will go in for another week. I am beginning to hate fireworks period.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:41 AM

243 posts, read 628,967 times
This thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George