U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 05:08 AM

18 posts, read 66,548 times

Advertisements

Ill keep that in mind. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 02:15 PM

13 posts, read 17,407 times
I am moving to Ivins end of January. Although I am excited about the new home and new life, I am truly going to miss Trader Joes.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:22 PM

175 posts, read 471,911 times
They have at least 4 in Vegas. It will give you a reason to take a 2 hour drive. Heck, I'd drive further for a few boxes of the peppermint Jo-Jo's!!!

Old 11-19-2015, 04:08 PM

358 posts, read 571,651 times
Trader Joes....mmmmm mini biscotti and box of small artichokes...yum!

Old 11-19-2015, 04:56 PM

Looks like I will be taking an ice chest with me on my visits to LV.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:03 AM

404 posts, read 1,004,107 times
We live down the road in Mesquite. You can do a two-fee when you head into Vegas to go to Trader Joes. Two of the locations are pretty close to Whole Foods markets, as well. On your way back, you can stop at Lees on W Pioneer Blvd to stock up on wine, etc. Actually, Smiths in Mesquite also has a very good selection of wines, beer, and spirits!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrypwjr View Post
Looks like I will be taking an ice chest with me on my visits to LV.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfitt View Post
We live down the road in Mesquite. You can do a two-fee when you head into Vegas to go to Trader Joes. Two of the locations are pretty close to Whole Foods markets, as well. On your way back, you can stop at Lees on W Pioneer Blvd to stock up on wine, etc. Actually, Smiths in Mesquite also has a very good selection of wines, beer, and spirits!
Good to know. Thank you jfitt!

Old 11-26-2015, 06:10 PM

Agreed ...smith's and Lee's is MUCH cheaper than anything in St. George, with a larger variety. Don't get caught tho....could get a fine for "bootlegging". (no taxes for good ole Utah, lol)

Old 11-27-2015, 08:57 AM

5,312 posts, read 10,975,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
Agreed ...smith's and Lee's is MUCH cheaper than anything in St. George, with a larger variety. Don't get caught tho....could get a fine for "bootlegging". (no taxes for good ole Utah, lol)
I pass thru St, George often on my trips to the LA Area and back, and have never been stopped at any border for a check on having booze in the car or not ...

I have never brought any booze back ... but I do bring back a lot of other stuff, not available in Utah.
Always a few flats of Strawberries and or Avocados from the Oxnard area (when available).
There is a Mexican Food place in the West Los Angeles area which we like so we bring back a dozen all beef burritos (! They pack them for *travel* and then we freeze them in the hotel freezer). A lot of Oriental spices not available in Utah ... yet ...

Again, I have never seen any border checks ?! Has anybody been caught bringing booze back ?

Old 11-27-2015, 04:52 PM

To my understanding, no border check, but I did hear a story from a woman that works at the St. George Liquor store She told me about a woman that was in charge of getting beer and liquor for a large group going out on Lake Powell (she had Utah plates and drivers license). Apparently she was stopped for a minor traffic thing, and the officer saw all the booze in the car, asked to search - woman said fine, she had not been drinking and was of legal age. The booze was purchased in NV, therefore had stickers from NV. They confiscated booze, dumped it in front of her - and gave her a ticket of which the fine was $500. Not sure if true, but I make sure all booze purchased out of state is in the trunk, just in case, and I watch my speed as well as never drink and drive (especially on a booze run.)

As for food, don't know what laws are, but I doubt that is an issue....Utah has strick alcohol laws, and a HIGH tax, that they don't get when booze purchased out of state. Maybe not an issue for 30 pack of beer, but 3 or more cases of wine, as well as a cases of booze might trigger an issue. I'm curious as well, since 1/2 the plates at Lee's liquor in Mesquite have Utah plates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or