Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2015, 03:08 PM

18 posts, read 77,998 times

Advertisements

We are a Non LDS family living in Saint George about a month now. We have met some of the nicest people in my life. However most LDS that don't seem to want much relationship outside the church. My family and I attend SMCC non denominational Church in Saint George. As much as I respect the LDS faith, I have no plans to join their Church. My wife and I are both in our mid to upper 40's with two boys 15 & 16 years old.
We are interested in meeting other non LDS families for family type gatherings i.e. BBQ's/dinners, swimming, movies, game night, occasional cocktails etc. Any families with similar interests please IM me to talk. I enjoy this great area and look forward to calling it home.

DD

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 12:27 AM

914 posts, read 973,548 times
try www.meetup.com I have met lots of people this way. Are your kids involved in sport?we have met people through that in SLC, also I assume your kids are at High school? If they have made friends maybe invite parents of them over. We live in SLC and has been hard work at times but there are like minded people out there and even some LDS who will mix especially if they have live out of state. It is harder than other places in the US and believe me I am a social butterfly. Unfortunately by having a lot of activites revolving around the LDS church it does cause segregation I have found with some. Plus lots have big families so all their time is taken up with running their kids around. Ive been here 7 months and last night had a ladies night at my place. Made up of kids friends mums, soccer mums, meet up group and neighbours. Some LDS some not. Everyone had a laugh and a great time. It went on until late and everyone enjoyed each others company and knew each ther by the end of the night. One of my neighbours has now offered to organise the next one. 2 of my neighbours have lived opposite each other for 12 years and never knew each other which is crazy compared to where I come from. Now they do !

It takes some work but it will pay off and I'm sure St George is no different to Salt Lake county

Old 09-06-2015, 07:43 AM

390 posts, read 755,763 times
Your like goes to the meetup site near So. Jordon. Try this one. Didn't have any idea this existed. Thanks.

St. George Utah Meetups in Saint George - Meetup

Old 09-06-2015, 09:45 AM

914 posts, read 973,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
Your like goes to the meetup site near So. Jordon. Try this one. Didn't have any idea this existed. Thanks.

St. George Utah Meetups in Saint George - Meetup
Oh sorry, didn't realise that it was linked to an area when I posted, glad you found the St George one and good luck x

Old 09-08-2015, 10:14 PM

18 posts, read 77,998 times
Thank you for your input. One of my sons did join Football at his middle school. My wife and I have made many friends in the short time we've been here, however they all either do not have kids or have kids that have already moved on. We are attempting to find other families also with kids to get together with. Any gatherings we have now are only adults. Pretty boring for teenage kids. I agree we need to meet the parents of their friends. Time will tell and will definitely check out that meetup.com
Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montygirl View Post
try www.meetup.com I have met lots of people this way. Are your kids involved in sport?we have met people through that in SLC, also I assume your kids are at High school? If they have made friends maybe invite parents of them over. We live in SLC and has been hard work at times but there are like minded people out there and even some LDS who will mix especially if they have live out of state. It is harder than other places in the US and believe me I am a social butterfly. Unfortunately by having a lot of activites revolving around the LDS church it does cause segregation I have found with some. Plus lots have big families so all their time is taken up with running their kids around. Ive been here 7 months and last night had a ladies night at my place. Made up of kids friends mums, soccer mums, meet up group and neighbours. Some LDS some not. Everyone had a laugh and a great time. It went on until late and everyone enjoyed each others company and knew each ther by the end of the night. One of my neighbours has now offered to organise the next one. 2 of my neighbours have lived opposite each other for 12 years and never knew each other which is crazy compared to where I come from. Now they do !

It takes some work but it will pay off and I'm sure St George is no different to Salt Lake county
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
View detailed profiles of: