Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 01:15 PM

5 posts, read 12,370 times

Advertisements

Doggiematic thank you for your imput. People are so unbelievably ridiculous about what words you use to describe ANYONE OR ANYTHING anymore. Hey I'm Irish German and you can call me a Mickey or Patty or any other pronoun to describe my nationality any day of the week n I don't start flipping out..
Anyways, we are excited to go, and I get along with most anyone so I'm not worried about things anymore.
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
It's not Brown face. It's the illegals not assimilating, not learning the language, destroying neighborhoods, and popping out welfare kids every two years, and taking jobs.

Oh and there's those kids of illegals turning into bangers too.
Iran GROW UP ALREADY STOP BEING SO SENSITIVE LITTLE MINDED PERSON...OHHH DID I HURT YOUR LITTLE TINY FEELINGS ...TOO BAD SO SAD

Old 08-25-2016, 01:20 PM

[quote=westcoastforme;45249526]It's not Brown face. It's the illegals not assimilating, not learning the language, destroying neighborhoods, and popping out welfare kids every two years, and taking jobs.

Yup Westcoastforme, thank God one person in this thread has a brain larger than a pea.

Old 08-25-2016, 04:10 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauramcil View Post
Iran GROW UP ALREADY STOP BEING SO SENSITIVE LITTLE MINDED PERSON...OHHH DID I HURT YOUR LITTLE TINY FEELINGS ...TOO BAD SO SAD
Iran?

What the Heck are you talking About

Old 08-25-2016, 05:36 PM

263 posts, read 437,778 times
Quote:
Doggiematic thank you for your input. People are so unbelievably ridiculous about what words you use to describe ANYONE OR ANYTHING anymore. Hey I'm Irish German and you can call me a Mickey or Patty or any other pronoun to describe my nationality any day of the week n I don't start flipping out..
Anyways, we are excited to go, and I get along with most anyone so I'm not worried about things anymore.
Thanks again!
Please don't waste your time arguing with the bullies that throw-out labels like "bigot," just because they're disturbed by other people's reality. I wonder though how many of them pluck weeds from their garden & kill ants & other bugs inside their home instead of "celebrating" such diversity...

There's not any major practice of outright racism in SW Utah, but the predominant culture is conservative & you'll meet many others who fled the socio-economic insanity of California & are protective over the same values that you have. Skin color isn't really an issue there, but culture & traditional values are.

Another pleasant surprise is just wait until you go to Utah DMV. The local office in Hurricane is not a complete zoo like California DMVs tend to be, and as long as you go in there with the right paperwork (it can be extensive requirements, but be happy that Utah wants you to prove you're a legal resident!), you can surrender your CA drivers license & get a Utah one in about 10 minutes or so if you go on a weekday afternoon. You'll get your drivers license in one gov't office, then go right next door to a different Utah agency to register any motor vehicles, and that too just takes a couple minutes, as long as you have all the necessary documents with you.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:43 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Weirdos!! Everyone that wrote back EXCEPT Doggiematic is BEYOND IMMATURE. POLITICALLY INCORRECT OR NOT U ALL CAN KISS MY SO CAL BLOND ASS!
And now we all know what true maturity looks like.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:23 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,028,196 times
Quote:
Weirdos!! Everyone that wrote back EXCEPT Doggiematic is BEYOND IMMATURE. MY BEST FRIEND IS MEXICAN AND HE'S SITTING RIGHT HERE LAUGHING AT HOW LAME YOU ARE!! I'M NO BIGGOT. BUT U ALL MUST LIVE IN SHOE BOXES. POLITICALLY INCORRECT OR NOT U ALL CAN KISS MY SO CAL BLOND ASS!
Most Mormons I know, and I have quite a few LDS friends, very much have the sense of propriety and decorum. That's why "you know who" isn't popular in Utah. I wish you well in St. George which is still predominantly LDS (or I think it still is). Just as you espouse the virtues of being not-politically correct, and are upset at "Mexicans" not assimilating, learning the language, and spreading their culture on your turf, to a lesser extent, you are "invading" a place that respects having a sense of civility, respectability and rectitude. If you don't wish to be isolated and shunned by the majority, being a name-calling bully won't get you in the good graces of the native-born LDS Utahans.

I loved the sense of protocol when we first started visiting St. George back in the 80s when the area was probably 85%+ LDS. More and more Californians are moving to the area --which isn't a bad thing in itself-- but that sense seems to be fading away through the years.
~amanda

(go ahead and flame me, I'm used to it)

Old 09-06-2016, 05:22 PM

317 posts, read 651,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post

You do know that "native americans" came here from Asia right and fought and killed each other for thousands of years over land, right?

There have been incidents that I know of of people yelling at local native Americans to "go home," etc. The bogeyman of the area tends to shift between Muslims, brown people and gays (with Californians thrown in now and then) , with one particular group being singled out as the root of all problems at a time. Also, a chunk blame Mormons for everything all the time. Locally, the native Americans tend to get disparaged for the above quoted reason and all issues regarding them are invalidated (i.e. "petroglyphs are worthless graffiti," etc.) , but regardless, my point stands, they were here first. Because they were. It's just a fact.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:32 PM

317 posts, read 651,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieMatic View Post
Please don't waste your time arguing with the bullies that throw-out labels like "bigot," just because they're disturbed by other people's reality. I wonder though how many of them pluck weeds from their garden & kill ants & other bugs inside their home instead of "celebrating" such diversity...
I'm a resident but I tend not to think of other humans in terms of "weeds" and "bugs." Call me funny that way.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:12 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarite View Post
I'm a resident but I tend not to think of other humans in terms of "weeds" and "bugs." Call me funny that way.
Multiculturalism is a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George