Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 06:31 PM

5 posts, read 12,317 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to Washington, Ut in 10 days with my two year old son. I found a really great home for us, was looking forward to getting out of Orange County, where the cost of living is extremely high. I was drawn to St George after extensive research, yet after reading some of the comments in this forum, I'm now getting nervous.
I'm single, only 40 years old, and I know there's no night life etc there, but that's exactly what I am drawn to. I've lived the party, I now am looking for a decent education for my son, somewhere safe and clean, and not over run by Mexicans! Sorry but L.A. has been taken over, and orange county is on its way as well.
I wanted to get involved with a good church, non Mormon yes, I have no problems w any other religion, I just am not morman, I am lookiNG for a Christian church, does anyone know of a good church? Also, any feedback is helpful and appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 08:59 PM

317 posts, read 647,432 times
Since getting away from Mexicans seems to be one of your major concerns, make sure that you're not dealing with a member of a local Native American tribe before getting agitated... they were here first. :P

Old 08-23-2016, 02:37 AM

263 posts, read 435,320 times
Some politically-correct people here may give you some heat about your Mexicans comment, but those of us who've lived in California & ae in-tune with reality know what you mean what you mean, and as long as you've done your research about SW Utah & know what to expect, you'll enjoy it.

I will state though that some of the... issues you're escaping California are a small but growing problem in SW Utah. Thanks to the local police mostly having the luxury of simply enforcing the law universally & not being entangled in political-correctness, issues of particular concern to you are mostly contained. It's a great benefit of living in a predominantly conservative area.

Can't help with churches as I'm not religious, but there are numerous ones.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:10 AM

27,880 posts, read 29,679,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieMatic View Post
Some politically-correct people here may give you some heat about your Mexicans comment, but those of us who've lived in California & ae in-tune with reality know what you mean what you mean, and as long as you've done your research about SW Utah & know what to expect, you'll enjoy it.
It has nothing to do with being politically correct. There is no good justification for bigotry, whether it be against Mexicans or Mormons. I see hard times ahead for the OP.

Old 08-23-2016, 12:32 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,783,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauramcil View Post
and not over run by Mexicans! Sorry but L.A. has been taken over, and orange county is on its way as well.
What will you do when the same thing will happen in your newly chosen area ?
Give it some time and then it will be similar.

Heaven forbid some *brown face* will move in next to you !

I guess you could keep on moving, but to where ?

Old 08-24-2016, 03:12 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,080,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarite View Post
Since getting away from Mexicans seems to be one of your major concerns, make sure that you're not dealing with a member of a local Native American tribe before getting agitated... they were here first. :P

You do know that "native americans" came here from Asia right and fought and killed each other for thousands of years over land, right?

Old 08-24-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It has nothing to do with being politically correct. There is no good justification for bigotry, whether it be against Mexicans or Mormons. I see hard times ahead for the OP.
Ya know the word bigot doesn't even mean anything anymore

Old 08-24-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
What will you do when the same thing will happen in your newly chosen area ?
Give it some time and then it will be similar.

Heaven forbid some *brown face* will move in next to you !

I guess you could keep on moving, but to where ?
It's not Brown face. It's the illegals not assimilating, not learning the language, destroying neighborhoods, and popping out welfare kids every two years, and taking jobs.

Oh and there's those kids of illegals turning into bangers too.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:10 PM

27,880 posts, read 29,679,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
It's not Brown face. It's the illegals not assimilating, not learning the language, destroying neighborhoods, and popping out welfare kids every two years, and taking jobs.

Oh and there's those kids of illegals turning into bangers too.
I believe the exact word that was used was "Mexicans." The OP didn't want to live somewhere overrun by Mexicans. She said nothing about whether they were in the US legally or not.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:09 PM

5 posts, read 12,317 times
Weirdos!! Everyone that wrote back EXCEPT Doggiematic is BEYOND IMMATURE. MY BEST FRIEND IS MEXICAN AND HE'S SITTING RIGHT HERE LAUGHING AT HOW LAME YOU ARE!! I'M NO BIGGOT. BUT U ALL MUST LIVE IN SHOE BOXES. POLITICALLY INCORRECT OR NOT U ALL CAN KISS MY SO CAL BLOND ASS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George