Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 12:14 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
PLEASE don't move here ..... we don't need anyone so narrow. And your common sense equates to bigot. In another post you're asking about kid that had bomb, his religion, race in hopes to bolster your beliefs.
What religion would someone have that sprays "Isis is comi" and brings a bomb to school. Enough with the political correctness insanity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 01:18 PM

390 posts, read 755,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
What religion would someone have that sprays "Isis is comi" and brings a bomb to school. Enough with the political correctness insanity
Again, this may not be religion. Just a mentally disturbed kid that could be a white, Mormon or Catholic kid. Political correctness??????? No, calling what it is, bigotry. You should move to an FLDS community, where they are against any other religion, race or anyone in the LGBT community. You would fit right in there. Oh, forget Hilldale they have a woman mayor but she is one of multiple wives. I for one have had enough of you spilling bigotry into this forum...you don't even live here.(and I really hope you Never make it here).

Old 03-12-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
Again, this may not be religion. Just a mentally disturbed kid that could be a white, Mormon or Catholic kid. Political correctness??????? No, calling what it is, bigotry. You should move to an FLDS community, where they are against any other religion, race or anyone in the LGBT community. You would fit right in there. Oh, forget Hilldale they have a woman mayor but she is one of multiple wives. I for one have had enough of you spilling bigotry into this forum...you don't even live here.(and I really hope you Never make it here).
You're one of the ones who would call Nidal Hasans killing rampage "workplace violence" instead of terrorism.

Terrorism | Define Terrorism at Dictionary.com

Sorry but the kiddo that spray painted and brought a bomb to school is a terrorist

Old 03-13-2018, 01:28 AM

335 posts, read 517,920 times
When the bottom falls out, the community you're surrounded by will become of UTMOST importance.

And in THAT environment, multiculturalism will FAIL dramatically...

FWFS

Old 03-13-2018, 06:02 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,269 times
Agree with kcoliver. Westcoast has made it obvious what kind of person they are. I hope you never make it to St. G either. Very disrespectful

Old 03-13-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz901 View Post
When the bottom falls out, the community you're surrounded by will become of UTMOST importance.

And in THAT environment, multiculturalism will FAIL dramatically...

FWFS
This

Old 03-13-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Agree with kcoliver. Westcoast has made it obvious what kind of person they are. I hope you never make it to St. G either. Very disrespectful

Old 03-15-2018, 01:15 PM

58 posts, read 76,653 times
Wow....16 pages of mostly rant...what if we changed the subject to what is good about St George. I am looking to move here also from the northeast and the draw is truly the weather, hiking/biking paths, proximity to the states beautiful red rocks, and rough central west location (Wy, CO, AZ, NV, and even CA mountains). Sounds like a retirement paradise; does all this LDS and illegal immigrant talk supercede all this area has to offer? No place is perfect and I realize everything is point of reference; how many folks of a type make too many and certainly cliques are an issue when it comes to job hunting or joining a group. A city adorned in between mesas and buttes with all the shopping necessities met and maintained trailways for a perfect weather area...talk me out of it. No one-offs I heard this one shun that one or I believe my next door neighbor is illegal, just how nice are these trailways and climbs up snow canyon, pioneer park, and everything else I've only read about? Educate me on my narrow thinking, thanks in advance (PS also considering Mesquite NV, check out my journey here Retirement out west (new user))

Old 03-15-2018, 04:39 PM

390 posts, read 755,763 times
O.K, St. George is beautiful, wonderful trailways, and biking paths. Mesquite, Nv is nice (no state income tax), but limited shopping, altho you can buy booze in grocery stores down there.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:40 AM

58 posts, read 76,653 times
Thanks Kcoliver, my thoughts:
- the Northeast has high taxes, rain/snow, traffic, and humidity but beautiful summers and lots to do like events, shopping, sports etc
- I understand the trade-off is less to do but the things I want to do are all there; not a partier or gambler, a healthy outdoor lifestyle...definitely not a Vegas type
- I have never seen anything like the red rocks of Utah and as a retiree my day would consist of daily walks, hikes, and local travel on the motorcycle or possibly a small boat (i'm starting to sound like an online dating profile)
- I get along with everyone as I am spiritual but not LDS, an illegal, nor a rich brat looking for a 2 week residence someplace that is cheaper...I genuinely love the area (or what I know of it) and want to reside there.
- Nevada is so tax friendly but add in higher state and property taxes (almost 2% higher) and the difference becomes reasonable if I had to drive to St George for everything (medical, shopping, trails)

The LDS and meth comments I can't understand...as a newbie I look forward to these forums but get disenchanted with single personal experiences meant to represent the whole populace. If comments were prefaced with a point of reference then content would be so much more useful making this site invaluable; save the one-off opinions for amazon product reviews please. How cold is cold (where are you from), what town does not have a drug dealer, and if I had a peace sign necklace rather than a cross would I be shunned. In other words, what are we comparing to as we all live somewhere and want to know if there is better for our needs. I crunch numbers and realize my analysis is overkill so I look for complimenting logic that is harder to quantify to really convince me to make the major move that this would be.

Water sparsity, air quality, and traffic are all big gambles, is it really that bad (for instance the average time/mph to drive a mile through town at a basic commuter time.) I do really enjoy this site...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George