U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 09:10 AM

870 posts, read 641,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post

Future wish (I assume the opposite ? After diversity ?)
Non-white, single, non mormon, no kids, all kinds of tattoos, drinking alcohol everywhere, drug infested, smoking everywhere, lots of cussing.

I never said anything even remotely similar to what you're saying, but I know thats the fault of when you wrongly assume, as you've done in your entire post. Use reading comprehension next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 01:14 PM

6,056 posts, read 3,085,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
I never said anything even remotely similar to what you're saying, but I know thats the fault of when you wrongly assume, as you've done in your entire post. Use reading comprehension next time.
So then be specific as to what you(or others)are judged about in the St George area

Old 02-02-2018, 01:18 PM

583 posts, read 288,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
I hope it keeps growing and dilutes all the narrow minded religious people in the area. Diversity is wonderful.
Diversity is overrated.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:40 AM

359 posts, read 573,204 times
O.K Westcoast....I can give you many specifics as judgemental in St. George, for a few:
1. when we first moved here, older man in KFC told us the reason St. George is so nice is "look around", you don't see any blacks, or hispanic do you?"
2. Client told me he was disowned at 18 because he refused to go to church (LDS)
3. neighbor made friends with another neighbor...they worked out together, until her bishop told her it would be better if she found someone from her ward to work out with.
4. over heard realtor in Albertsons say, I refuse to sell anything to "those" people from California. (Bet she isn't doing any business here now).
Want more....too many to list.
That being said, it's changing here ....Thank goodness!

Old 02-03-2018, 08:12 AM

306 posts, read 468,097 times
I'm one of those evil alcohol drinking (mostly wine with dinner) childless degenerates that some fear so greatly. I'm also a business owner and productive member of society. I have lived in the nice part of Cedar City for most of the last 15 years.

I'm acceptable company to a number of LDS. The people who would sneer and attack or would call me names if I subjected myself to them, I avoid, and as long as they avoid me, we're all happier.

A lot has changed in the last 15 years. When I moved to southern Utah, I remember having debates with people who believed that all insomnia was caused by guilty conscience for bad deeds, recycling and conservation of any sort was unAmerican and communist, and mental illness was a moral failing that one could pull oneself out of "by their bootstraps" and that those who "gave in" to things like schizophrenia were just "too lazy" to lift themselves out of it and should not be helped. Many of those views have changed, so saying "I have insomnia" is no longer a potential indictment of your moral character, at least you don't hear the accusation made publicly. When I say that change is good, these are these sorts of changes that are good. Having recycling bins available if you want to use them is good. Having people treated for mental illness instead of being attacked for lax spirituality is a positive development. I could go on.

My ethos is- if you're not hurting anyone or infringing on their constitutional and legal rights, you should be left alone to live in the manner that you see fit.

And any realtor here who refuses to sell to those "outsiders" from California is probably what we call "bankrupt" or "out of business" by this time. :P

Old 02-03-2018, 04:24 PM

359 posts, read 573,204 times
Cedarite, We are in the same boat as you. Couldn't agree more and thank you. Great ethos....same here. Guessing you are right about that realtor....at least I hope since we don't need that mentality here! And yes we have LDS friends that don't judge so not a problem (mostly younger).

Old 02-03-2018, 08:19 PM

5,318 posts, read 10,999,419 times
Just a clarification about not knowing what goes on in St. George.

I have lived there and I did not like it.
The world *clique* was invented there !!

So I do not live there anymore, never want to live there ever again, and I am happy where I am now.
Salt Lake City suburb !

Old 02-03-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Diversity is overrated.
Yes. It. Is.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoliver View Post
O.K Westcoast....I can give you many specifics as judgemental in St. George, for a few:
1. when we first moved here, older man in KFC told us the reason St. George is so nice is "look around", you don't see any blacks, or hispanic do you?"
2. Client told me he was disowned at 18 because he refused to go to church (LDS)
3. neighbor made friends with another neighbor...they worked out together, until her bishop told her it would be better if she found someone from her ward to work out with.
4. over heard realtor in Albertsons say, I refuse to sell anything to "those" people from California. (Bet she isn't doing any business here now).
Want more....too many to list.
That being said, it's changing here ....Thank goodness!
That's not diversity really in the liberal lunatic version of diversity. Thats just not so many clique Mormons lol. Ill take some "true American" Christians added into the mix of st George.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:15 AM

1,173 posts, read 749,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
That's not diversity really in the liberal lunatic version of diversity. Thats just not so many clique Mormons lol. Ill take some "true American" Christians added into the mix of st George.
alrighty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or