U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:48 PM

5,320 posts, read 11,001,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel4ever View Post
We decided to move to Vegas..Currently looking in Summerlin and Henderson.
I'll vist st george in the future..later this month there is a big Jeep off roading event, I'll be at. ( as a example)
My first part of the message still stands, and it seems that you can make it work that way.

Spend most of your time in Vegas, with the family, find a job you like, and then come to St. George and surroundings to *re-charge your batteries*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 08:55 PM

13 posts, read 33,069 times
I see this post was started a couple of years ago, so perhaps some of the information has changed...My husband and I are looking at places to retire; my 'job' is to visit each place and give it the thumbs-up or thumbs-down so we can create a "short list" to visit together. I am headed to St. George on Sept 17th-24th to check things out...

Any opinions on how the local Real Estate market is doing?

Have any communities changed for the better or worse during the past few years?

Also, any real estate companies/agents that are NOT pushy?

An opinions or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Old 09-14-2010, 06:22 PM

239 posts, read 829,929 times
I live about 50 miles from St. George, so I can't add too much, but I do know there are a lot of homes available at good prices, but many have sat empty or were built hastily by less skilled craftsmen in the boom from a few years ago.

Find a good realtor, and if you are buying a newer home, find out if it was a local builder. PM me if you like the name of a good realtor I know.

Without narrowing down a little, hard to add more, there is such a variety available. You want golf course living? Close to town? acreage? Condo?

The area around Coral Canyon is very nice.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:44 PM

13 posts, read 33,069 times
Thanks for the reply...we've gone back and forth, finally narrowing our "perfect" home/community to a few essentials:
price range of $300-500 K
at least 2800 sq feet
pool/hot tub/sauna
Convenient to golf...on a golf course would be great!
Walkable community i.e., sidewalks, trails etc.
NOT near the new highway or under the new airport flight path
Easy yard, but a place for a small garden
place for my husband's woodworking shop
walking distance to a coffee shop or diner or some kind.
Not a condo...we want some space and privacy in our yard, but not really acreage. We made that mistake, and my husband knows I'll try to landscape every inch...

I've heard of the 'blue clay' issue and poor craftsmanship in homes built during the boom...will definitely watch for that!
Also, I've heard about solar orientation for homes...We live in WA State and the back of our home faces west. Even in our temperate climate, our back deck can be unpleasant during the summer...I can only imagine how it would be there.

Are there any concerns about strange pests? Here, we have big things to worry about (cougars, bears, skunks, coyotes, raccoons, etc) but I have no experience with little sneaky things like scorpions, poisonous snakes, big spiders, etc.

Any opinion on the Cedar City area? (snow, crime, etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George