Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,389,597 times

Advertisements

Is there anything different that can be said about Washington asides for being the city next to St. George?
Is it just as nice to live there? Is there anything that sets it apart from St. George?
Is it liked/disliked by the locals
I have seen what city-data and wikipedia say but what do the locals say?

Any comments would be nice about this small community......

Last edited by WildWestDude; 07-31-2008 at 09:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Hopefully St George and surrounding areas will get own forum and alot of these questions can be answered. Salt Lake has its own forum for northern Utah and as someone suggested in the other thread Southern Utah needs one too. We are trying to decide, St George, Washington Co., Santa Clara, Hurricane....where to move.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,389,597 times
I visited the new Harley Davidson dealership there today and drove around Washington. Took Telegaraph road all the way down to St George. It looked like a nice hometown.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:06 PM

78 posts, read 291,375 times
I really enjoyed Washington when we lived there. Nice town and easy access to pretty much anywhere. There has been a lot of gang activity reported over in that area though....but otherwise it's nice.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:05 PM

Is Washington right by St George? Is there separation between the two or do they run right together like alot of the northern Utah cities. How is Santa Clara.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:57 PM

There is no longer any distinction between city limits between St. George and Washington. Washington lies on the north east side of St. George right by 1-15. Santa Clara is the same way. I personally think Santa Clara a lovely, charming little town. I really like it over there. It lies on the western side of St. George on the old highway to Vegas (Before the freeway). Gunlock and Kayenta and Ivins are also out that way.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:01 PM

I am interested in Ivins too, just because I found a house I like. I heard something about not buying a home if it is built on Blue rock or something like that. A real estate agent told me several subdivisions in different areas are affected by that and alot of homes are having foundation problems because of the movement in the ground because of this rock. I need to find out more about that.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:13 PM

I am not aware of anything with "Blue Rock" but I do know that out in Ivins there is a lot of black rock that homes get built on that is hardened lava flow from the volcanoes in the area. Of course it's been eons since the volcanoes erupted, but the lava flow went that way so all the black rock that you see is hardened lava. I don't know if that is very unstable or not...possibly.

Ivins is a very nice place, although it will take a good 20 minutes to get to the main part of town. There is a lot of building and growth out that way too. Homes there a bit pricier because of the views of the Red Mountain and the Red Mountain spa and Tuacahn, Entrada, and Kayenta are out there. Lots of celebrities have homes out that way as well.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 PM

Maybe it was Black Rock instead of blue. Ok well thanks that is good to know about Ivins. I didn't realize it was that far away. I knew La Verkin was a small town and farther away.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:11 PM

Yeah La Verkin is a smaller town as well and probably 20-30 minutes from St. George as well. It's on the other side of Hurricane from St. George. It's not that Ivins is that FAR, but traffic can make things bad and increase your travel time. I have a friend that lives in Ivins and I live just on the other side of Bloomington Hills, so we are on complete opposite sides of the valley from each other. She lives about 14 miles away from me, so DISTANCE wise it isn't really far at all, but like I said, it's the traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George