U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM

4,321 posts, read 8,249,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
No, does not cool off...if you need cooler air at night, don't come here..
oh I don't need it just wondering. We are coming there because we like dry, hot heat just not humid...which is what we have now. 76 percent humidity today, but temperature wise it was only 82..yuck. Cant wait to get back to the beauty of Utah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 PM

8,545 posts, read 9,313,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
It was really nice in the evenings when we were there.

Kinda chilly, actually.
Weren't you here in June? There were a few cooler nights in June that we could open the windows, in fact one morning I got up and was a little chilly and had to wear a light sweater outside for my morning coffee...otherwise, forget it....last summer we had 79 straight days of 100+...most morning when I get up early, and I mean 4 or 5 a.m. its still 82 outside, thats as low as it gets...you were lucky to come when it was a bit cooler...now mid september will be like june, hot days and cooler evenings...

Old 08-07-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
oh I don't need it just wondering. We are coming there because we like dry, hot heat just not humid...which is what we have now. 76 percent humidity today, but temperature wise it was only 82..yuck. Cant wait to get back to the beauty of Utah
Its' hot but there is usually very little humidity, kills my skin and furniture though...but the last few days we have had the monsoons come through and this morning it was 79 out and 60% humidity..it cleared up this afternoon, sun came out and it was 100 at 5 p.m. its now 8 p.m. and down to 96....July and August are the worst, if you can make those two months, the rest are wonderful..

Old 08-07-2008, 08:11 PM

Only thing about the weather in Utah I don't miss is the tons of lotion you need to put on because of it being so dry. With humidity that problem is gone.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Its' hot but there is usually very little humidity, kills my skin and furniture though...but the last few days we have had the monsoons come through and this morning it was 79 out and 60% humidity..it cleared up this afternoon, sun came out and it was 100 at 5 p.m. its now 8 p.m. and down to 96....July and August are the worst, if you can make those two months, the rest are wonderful..
I guess it's good I am visiting and looking at homes at the end of August...then I will have an idea of the heat. I haven't spent any amount of time in St. George, only when I was passing through on my way to Las Vegas.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 PM

595 posts, read 2,528,023 times
Quote:
Weren't you here in June? There were a few cooler nights in June that we could open the windows, in fact one morning I got up and was a little chilly and had to wear a light sweater outside for my morning coffee...otherwise, forget it....last summer we had 79 straight days of 100+...most morning when I get up early, and I mean 4 or 5 a.m. its still 82 outside, thats as low as it gets...you were lucky to come when it was a bit cooler...now mid september will be like june, hot days and cooler evenings...
Yea, June. We were also an hour north, so that could have affected the weather a bit.

79 days of 100+ degrees? SERIOUSLY? Wow, that must have sucked! I bet you didn't see too many people outside, unless they were in the pool!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:09 PM

7,731 posts, read 12,173,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Only thing about the weather in Utah I don't miss is the tons of lotion you need to put on because of it being so dry. With humidity that problem is gone.
How much lotion? One bottle? Two bottles a week?

Old 08-07-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
That's a pretty good estimate, and add on to that the special lotion for the feet that I have to use since they crack...have to buy it at the podiatrist..$15 a jar but it helps..

I noticed the dryness the day we moved here, extreme thirst but that evens out..its just the dry skin...we are heading to the Pacific Northwest, I may have web feet up there, but at least they won't be cracked, lol!

Old 08-08-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post

Oh no, not a bottle a week by any means. Maybe one every couple months. I just know my back and legs were so dry. I think each person is different.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:50 PM

198 posts, read 266,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomianca View Post
Through the summer months it generally does not cool off much at night. July and August are the worst.
Sounds as if the natives are trying to discourage folks from moving to Utah....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George