U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 PM

157 posts, read 576,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Del Taco has Taco Tuesdays..when we lived there we went every tuesday about 4 p.m. 3 tacos for a buck...we are cheap dates. I miss Del Taco..there is probably one in Olympia, but it wouldn't be the same...
Hi dogmom,

That's funny!! I loved del taco when I lived in St George. It was one of my favorite places to eat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 01:08 AM

9,932 posts, read 22,140,105 times
When I lived in St. George, some of my favorite things about it were being so close to Zion national park, Snow canyon park, and the Virgin river trail for riding our bikes. The incredible scenery, close proximity to Mesquite,NV for gambling now and then was also a plus.
It would snow a few times in the winter, and I loved that. It's a really nice place to live.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:27 PM

4,321 posts, read 8,250,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
When I lived in St. George, some of my favorite things about it were being so close to Zion national park, Snow canyon park, and the Virgin river trail for riding our bikes. The incredible scenery, close proximity to Mesquite,NV for gambling now and then was also a plus.
It would snow a few times in the winter, and I loved that. It's a really nice place to live.
Oh oh it snows? my husband will not be happy. I don't mind it but he wants no snow. I have never tried any bike trails...thats one I will have to keep in mind.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:47 PM

8,545 posts, read 9,316,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Oh oh it snows? my husband will not be happy. I don't mind it but he wants no snow. I have never tried any bike trails...thats one I will have to keep in mind.
Chickrae, it snows VERY LITTLE. The only snow we had on our lawn this past winter was super bowl sunday, we got about 4 inches and it stuck around for a day or so, longer on the hills. I sure wouldn't let it stop me...it does get cold though...not unusual to have some lows in the mid teens during the night, but will usually warm up in the day to maybe 50. Mostly it's very mild...you can probably check online and see what the averages are..remember the elevation in Washington City is about 3,000 ft.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Chickrae, it snows VERY LITTLE. The only snow we had on our lawn this past winter was super bowl sunday, we got about 4 inches and it stuck around for a day or so, longer on the hills. I sure wouldn't let it stop me...it does get cold though...not unusual to have some lows in the mid teens during the night, but will usually warm up in the day to maybe 50. Mostly it's very mild...you can probably check online and see what the averages are..remember the elevation in Washington City is about 3,000 ft.
That won't be too bad then. A little snow should be fine. So is all of St. George 3,000?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 PM

Just about 3,000. We were like 2975 at our house in Green Spring, Coral Canyon might be a little higher, hurricane and la verkin get a little more snow so must be a little higher still...head up the I-15 and you quickly get into more snow country..snow is very pretty on the red rocks!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:24 PM

I want a little bit of snow.........I would move back to northern Utah if I could...anyways I didn't realize St George had that high of elevation. I think LaVerkin is definitely out for us then. LIke you said some time ago...its far from everything....and after visiting, I see what you mean. There are some nice homes there however.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:22 PM

77 posts, read 386,059 times
Dogmom how could you possibly mention Taco Tuesday and not mention me ? Pfft...lol...

Old 10-19-2008, 06:21 PM

I think one of dogmoms favorite things is the friends she meets in St. George along with taco time lol

Old 10-20-2008, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegrapes View Post
Dogmom how could you possibly mention Taco Tuesday and not mention me ? Pfft...lol...
Oops!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George