U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 PM

9 posts, read 28,110 times

Advertisements

Hi all I own a construction co in central AZ and the work has completely dried up. Looking for a new start and a safe place to raise my family. All the Chamber of Commerce info points to huge growth in the area but I would like a locals perspective on it. Any info would be helpful including some of the better construction co to work for. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 PM

28 posts, read 173,228 times
Construction has really dried up in St. George, just like everywhere else. A few companies are still building in the 500K range but the market is for the smaller homes and townhouses in the 150-180K market. My old boss went from custom and semi-custom homes to the smaller ones to keep the guys busy until things pick up again. I wouldn't plan on moving here unless you can secure something ahead of time. The upside is that home prices are on the down side.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 PM

thanks for the info. St George seems to have a pro growth attitude. Our former town council/fourth reich had an anti-growth policy and shot down 2 land swap deals that would have added about 6000 buildable acres to our town not to mention throwing up road blocks for any developers trying to get a subdivision passed. Are there any companies that you would recomend over others.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM

28 posts, read 173,228 times
I didn't get back on the forum for a while. It gets repetitive sometimes. Anyway, back to your question. St. George doesn't have any really big builders like Pulte, mostly small, family run companies. Some of the guys I used to work with have changed occupations or moved away and the company owners have pared down to skeleton crews until things pick up again.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM

Thanks for the reply. We had a last minute contract that pulled our butt out of the fire. Will keep us busy until the end of summer. Still might move up to SG at a later date very nice location. Good luck with work there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George