U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2009, 02:22 PM

774 posts, read 1,697,266 times

Advertisements

I plan on visiting St. George and surrounding areas next year, and I will be there in the summer time. I used Moab as a base for a southeastern Utah trip last year and was not bothered by the 100 degree weather.
I will be checking out Zion, Bryce, Cedar City, and St. George itself. Are the Roadrunners baseball team pretty well followed out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 03:42 PM

76 posts, read 189,556 times
Default Didn't even know...

Wow. Cool.

I'm a big Staten island Yankees and Brooklyn Cyclones fan. These games are fun. Smaller venue, cheap tickets, every seat is good, food is cheap, beer is cheap, prizes galore thrown to the crowd, fans locals who love it.

Too bad there's no game in St George when I'm there this weekend

Next time...

Old 06-18-2009, 09:12 PM

774 posts, read 1,697,266 times
I've been to the Staten Island Stadium while vissiting family in the area. It is a beautiful ballpark. I follow the Dunedin Blue Jays and Clearwater Threshers around my area. Went to the Dundein game tonight. Anyway if the Roadrunners are on the road, I think Las Vegas is the closest city to St. George with a team. In Utah, I've been to the stadiums in Orem, Ogden, and Salt Lake City, but that is about a 300 mile drive from St. George.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:23 PM

8 posts, read 29,383 times
Wait a minute...there is NO BEER at Roadrunners games...a sad discovery I made last Saturday. There were also TONS of rugrats running amok...not exactly my ideal baseball atmosphere.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:20 PM

8 posts, read 29,383 times
From today's Spectrum - I'm telling you, if they want to sell those 1250 tickets per game, they should sell beer. I guess being on campus prohibits it, but if that's the case, then maybe all these new owners can move the team off-campus!

http://www.thespectrum.com/article/2...ercent-of-team

mod cut: text removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-01-2009 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: copyright issues ...contact me by Direct Message if you need an explanation. Thanks!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 15,794 times
Default Baseball

The Chicago Cubs play their last spring training game every year at Cashman Field in Las Vegas. There's even beer. It's less than a two hour drive.
You can also go to Arizona to see major league spring training.
The Roadrunners are not the first minor league team to try to make it in St. George.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George