U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 PM

9 posts, read 26,897 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Idaho and will be traveling through St. George, Utah. There will be 5 kids, 4 adults and 2 dogs. I am trying to map out parks that have water features like splash pool and runs for dogs. Preferably close to the I 15. Any insight as to which would be safest and fun for these kids so they can get out and stretch as we will be traveling about 1400 miles. I see a few parks like JC Snow Park, Hidden Valley Park, and Town Square. Any insight to these or others not mentioned would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:35 AM

239 posts, read 830,484 times
Great idea to find these ahead of time, sounds like quite a trip. Looks like you may have found this site. City of St. George | Parks (http://www.sgcity.org/parks/cityparks/details.php?id=2 - broken link)
JC Snow is the only dog park showing, I seem to remember hearing about another one though, I will try to find out. There are not a lot of members from St. George, but maybe someone else will have more info!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:59 AM

4 posts, read 19,406 times
JC Snow Park is the best place for the dogs. Small but the first one here in town. It's very convenient to the 15 Fwy. There are separate areas for large and small dogs. There is a dog park in Ivins, too but it is more rustic, you have to watch out for snakes and there are foxtail weeds you must be sure that don't get into the dogs' ears, etc...And it is a little ways from the freeway, like 20 minutes plus to that dog park. I haven't been there yet.I only have canine kids, but I see lots of children at the park at the Town's center, and they enjoy the splash pad there. Plus for adults there are a few gift shops, places to eat, and walk around. It is close to the dog park.The Washington exit off of the 15, further north from DT St. George, has a Petco that is next to the Home Depot. It is very very hot here now so it might be a good bet, as I can't even get out to walk my dogs yet til after 8:30 pm, (pavement's too hot.) Have fun!

Old 07-15-2009, 02:03 PM

Default Town Center

Can you walk the dogs on leash at the Town Center. Also is there any play equipment there?

How about Hidden Valley Park looks like it had play equipment and a splash pool. Can you have dogs on leash there? Is there shade? Also how far off the 15 is that park and would it be ok if we are towing trailers? Just don't want any surpises, lol. Thanks

Old 07-15-2009, 02:35 PM

15 posts, read 60,438 times
Hidden valley park is straight off exit 4 going south(which is a 40mph 2 lane rd trucks use it all the time), turn right at the first stop light and the park will be on your left off of barcenlona. Out of the parks you mentioned this is the best park as far as splash pad, playground, it has wireless interenet and a place to plug in your computer under a gazebo, tennis courts, voleyball pit etc. I haven't seen too many dogs there. It does have a paved walking path around it and I'm sure leashed dogs would be okay. I perfer it because it is in the middle of a nice family friendly development and it is mostly used by neighbors. The bathrooms have always been clean and rules are followed about diaper aged kids/babies in the water.

The downtown park I have had several bad experiences at. Kids are not as surprivsed as much and it is not as clean. It does not offer much more then the splash pad.

The new cool park for playgrounds is cottonwood park on Dixie drive. It has some very modern playground toys(the playground is hard to explain but my kids will patiently wait 10 or more minutes for their turn, which is hard for kids to do so it must be cool), that kids love (not your swingset/slide at all) it has walking paths and gazebos, volleyball, but it is very busy and no splash pad.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:02 PM

239 posts, read 830,484 times
Wow, I am so glad to see new posters from St. George!
PhotoRN, have you tried Google Earth? I use it whenever I plan a trip!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:54 PM

Thanks for the input. I think Hidden Valley Park sounds like our best bet. My dh could probably deal with the dogs while I deal with the kids. I haven't tried Google Earth but I will check it out. Thanks again.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:24 PM

7 posts, read 16,283 times
when are you planning on coming? it is very hot. the splash pad at main street is really nice with waterfalls and rivers. my kids love it. there is a park about 4 blocks over with playgrounds and shade and grass for your dogs. it is vernon worthen park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George