Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:40 AM

308 posts, read 427,498 times

Advertisements

My office used to be in Clayton before it moved to Earth City (or Earth $hitty) and I miss that area all the time. Great restaurants, tons of stuff to do, and there are always hot chicks running around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 08:00 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,598,727 times
I've lived here for nearly 6 years and really don't have one bad thing to say about my experience.

It is St. louis' version of uptown. It's hip, established, and there is an over abundance of shopping, culture, and transportation. The restaraunt scene is top notch and the nightlife aint bad either. It's just a VERY fun a very fun and energetic area in close proximity just about everthing.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:24 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,748,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0803 View Post
My office used to be in Clayton before it moved to Earth City (or Earth $hitty) and I miss that area all the time. Great restaurants, tons of stuff to do, and there are always hot chicks running around.
heck yeah, that's one of the first thing my buddies & I noticed when we were driving through Downtown Clayton.

I wish more people knew about Clayton. People who are visiting St. Louis tend to stay around Downtown, but I wish they'd explore the areas around Clayton too. It's such a classy place. I want to live there (or near) someday.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 AM

1,912 posts, read 4,688,883 times
Lived there for about a year, it was pretty much my dream apartment in a dream location. Only reason I left was for grad school.

Of course, there's quite a price tag associated with living in the nicest area of St Louis. Said dream apartment was a huge updated 3 bedroom 1 bath with parking--rent was $2200/mo.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 PM

^ You can still rent in the Moorlands for $800/mo for a 1bd/1bath and $1200/mo for a 2bed/bath.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:47 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,688,883 times
I know. I had incredibly hard to satisfy roommates who would settle for nothing less than brand new kitchen and bath, garage parking, had to be within a couple blocks of the MetroLink. Hence the ridiculous rent. I found some 1 bdrms nearby renting around 800, but I'm the rare breed that prefers roommates.

Full disclosure: We actually subleased at a discount (1800 including utilities, which I think is actually reasonable and appropriate given how ridic this apt was) since the original tenant couldn't find anyone willing to rent it from him @ the full $2200. Evidently it's typically WashU student renters whose parents have no idea what a ripoff that is.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:06 PM

I don't think that is ridiculous rent.

Below is a link to what you'll find in Clayton.
klmr properties - Home (http://klmrproperties.com/default.aspx - broken link)

The parkdale property is a nice rehab with decent finishing where as the Oxford property is very high end.

One of the best things about the Moorlands neighborhood of Clayton is the diversity in income levels. You have buildings full of grad students and young professionals right next to a building of doctors, lawyers, and established professionals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: