U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-08-2010, 09:21 AM

419 posts, read 760,980 times
THose of us who have been in St. Louis long enough have seen a lot of areas that now have thriving businesses/residential areas under water at one point. EVerytime I go to the Valley, I think of the water up to the roof of Annie Gunns. Places like New Town and Chesterfield Valley have taken good flood precaution, but frankly... if the country has one of *those* rains spurts, and you all know what I am talking about, both would be at risk in addition to a lot of other areas....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-08-2010, 12:35 PM

70 posts, read 120,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCharlesCityGuy View Post
Can you live in the city and be surrounded by lakes and canals? Can you jog or walk around in the city after dark and not have to worry about being mugged?
Yes.

Unread 11-08-2010, 02:35 PM

565 posts, read 522,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCharlesCityGuy View Post
I have been there on many occations and have spoken to the African American families that have bought homes there. It is mostly white, but there is a good racial mix.
Maybe you should come out for Jazz Night to see what the racial makeup is. Sounds a little racist to me.

You must be a Faux News fanboy. I am calling the residents, not all of the denizens, but a sizable portion of the New Town population, possible racists for wanting to ape the urban scene without Teh Blak Foks around. You cannot tell me that all of the New Townies are kumbaya civil libertarians.

Unread 11-08-2010, 02:44 PM

23,444 posts, read 15,782,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
You must be a Faux News fanboy. I am calling the residents, not all of the denizens, but a sizable portion of the New Town population, possible racists for wanting to ape the urban scene without Teh Blak Foks around. You cannot tell me that all of the New Townies are kumbaya civil libertarians.
Oh, pleeeeeeeeese........

Unread 11-09-2010, 08:38 AM

1,559 posts, read 1,512,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieNeno View Post
THose of us who have been in St. Louis long enough have seen a lot of areas that now have thriving businesses/residential areas under water at one point. EVerytime I go to the Valley, I think of the water up to the roof of Annie Gunns. Places like New Town and Chesterfield Valley have taken good flood precaution, but frankly... if the country has one of *those* rains spurts, and you all know what I am talking about, both would be at risk in addition to a lot of other areas....
True, imagine if one year the midwest were to receive TWICE the amount of rain that fell in 1993. New Town and C-Field valley would go under.

Unread 11-09-2010, 02:14 PM

419 posts, read 760,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
True, imagine if one year the midwest were to receive TWICE the amount of rain that fell in 1993. New Town and C-Field valley would go under.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis