U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:41 AM

1,632 posts, read 2,071,641 times
I was afraid someone was going to call me out for being an a-hole if I advised against the Landing :P Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's nasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 09:45 AM

12,062 posts, read 17,969,375 times
You're not alone. I constantly had to explain to people from Chicago that just because they've been to the Landing it doesn't mean they've seen what St. Louis has to offer. It's like visiting Chicago and only going to their ginormous tourist trap: Navy Pier

To the OP: Hope you had a great time!

Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 AM

419 posts, read 796,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiken View Post
I was afraid someone was going to call me out for being an a-hole if I advised against the Landing :P Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's nasty.
Really? I don't think that any local would deny that the Landing should be avoided at all costs unless you want to...

A) Have tequila sucked out of your belly button
B) Suck tequila out of someone else's bellybutton

Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 AM

308 posts, read 227,363 times
The Landing was great when I was in my early 20s and home from college. But once I got to be about 25 I realized that I was too old to go down there.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,890,281 times
My gf used to work at Lumiere Place so I was often finding myself on the landing during the day and I'd like to add that the Landing is still a fun place to go BEFORE 11pm on the weekends. There are some good restaurants (drunken Fish, Morgan Street Brewery - surprisingly good food, among others). The dueling piano bar is fun too and not full of drunk 20yr olds.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:17 PM

1,783 posts, read 1,924,022 times
Yeah plus there are some good festivals down on the Landing as well. I was at the Drunken Fish anniversary street party a month or two ago and it was pretty fun.

But I do agree that you should probably avoid it on late weekends.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:18 PM

263 posts, read 303,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Were looking for a area where young professionals go. Like the classic row of bars that every city has where they go on weekends and live close to. Not really looking for the downtown area where everyone goes like tourist, trashy people, and everyone else. Like if anyone knows chicago it would be like Wrigleyville/Lincoln park vs the Loop.

Also the exact street intersections would be good since we know nothing about STL

Lincoln Park/Wrigleyville? So you're looking for all the chads and trixies. Thankfully very few of those types live in St. Louis city. Perhaps you should hang out in West County?

Old 08-02-2010, 02:50 PM

12,062 posts, read 17,969,375 times
I think CWE and Lincoln Park are definitely in the same vein. And I've seen many a chad or trixie in both the Central West End and on Washington. I can't think of anything in West County that could be considered remotely close to Lincoln Park.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:51 PM

1,632 posts, read 2,071,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I think CWE and Lincoln Park are definitely in the same vein. And I've seen many a chad or trixie in both the Central West End and on Washington. I can't think of anything in West County that could be considered remotely close to Lincoln Park.
Agreed. While CWE isn't a giant Big 10/frat reunion quite like LP, there's plenty of Mizzou grads to give it the same feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis