Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 03:17 PM

58 posts, read 134,845 times

Advertisements

we should also have a thread about st louis in the national/ international news. like whenever st. louis is spotlighted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 PM

4,364 posts, read 4,563,604 times
^Great ideas!! Are you volunteering to initiate those new threads, orangefusica?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 AM

58 posts, read 134,845 times
^no I don't have a nose for finding that kind of stuff, stlcardsblues does however. I'm sure it wouldn't be a stretch for her to do it.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:29 PM

Whilst we anxiously await to hear from stlcardsblues....

...another thing I love about the STL area is the wide variety of interesting things to do. Seriously, in how many other U.S, metros can you: go eagle-watching, visit the top of a 19th-century water-tower, munch on toasted ravs, watch legend Chuck Berry perform live, tour an endangered wolf center, visit an authentic Indian mound, have a pizza with provel, take a river cruise on a paddlewheeler, visit a Japanese garden, snow ski, take a brewery tour, lie in the grass below a 630-ft steel arch, etc, etc???

Old 08-06-2010, 03:43 PM

263 posts, read 529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greatcity View Post
Whilst we anxiously await to hear from stlcardsblues....

...another thing I love about the STL area is the wide variety of interesting things to do. Seriously, in how many other U.S, metros can you: go eagle-watching, visit the top of a 19th-century water-tower, munch on toasted ravs, watch legend Chuck Berry perform live, tour an endangered wolf center, visit an authentic Indian mound, have a pizza with provel, take a river cruise on a paddlewheeler, visit a Japanese garden, snow ski, take a brewery tour, lie in the grass below a 630-ft steel arch, etc, etc???
Well of course you can't have provel or toasted ravs in any other city, considering they're only consumed in St. Louis. Chuck Berry is cool. The rest isn't that spectacular. Sorry to be a downer.

Things I love about St. Louis:

Cost of living (far and away the best aspect)
History
Cardinals
Great urban housing stock

Old 08-07-2010, 07:10 PM

^ Those things (eagle watching, Indian mounds, etc.) may not be that spectacular to you, but they're some of the things I love about St Louis (the original topic here).

Old 08-11-2010, 09:35 PM

430 posts, read 835,294 times
From a native New Yorker, those things all sound pretty cool and different to me. Eagle watching and Indian mounds can't be found everywhere, especially not near urban areas. The riverboat cruise sounds better than one in the toxic waters off Lower Manhattan, and is probably 1/2 the price too.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 AM

146 posts, read 393,920 times
Ted Drew's

Old 08-18-2010, 08:59 PM

4 posts, read 5,258 times
It's nice to see a good positive line of posts on St. Louis. My sister and I are planning on relocating (at the latest) next May and I've been strolling through the posts on this site to get a feel for the area. I know that there are always going to be downsides to living in any place, but that site mentioned above ( I am staying in St. Louis because...) makes me feel good about our decision and impending interstate move. We want to live somewhere with flavor and personality but avoid the snobbishness and judgmental attitude generally found in a larger city. Our current city is boring... no one would ever make a "staying in Appleton" website... so we're rather excited.

We're looking at Ballwin, Manchester, St. Ann, Maryland Heights... in case anyone has anything to say about these areas.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:24 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,598,727 times
Ballwin, Manchested, St. Ann, and MH would NOT be at the top of the list if you're looking for a flavor and personality. Ballwin, Manchester and MH are great FAMILY communities. They are your PROTOtypical suburbs.

If you want flavor and personality you need to seriously look at other communities in the region or you will be bored here too.

How old are you? Do you have kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis