Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:37 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,888,122 times

Advertisements

^^I showed that to a few people a few weeks ago and they all thought it was a riot. I also am a fan of the iphone if only for Apple's reputation for stellar reliability. My iphone still works perfectly about a year later whereas pretty much every previous phone I've had lost some function after only a few months of use. I also have the same ipod from September 2007 where I used to have to replace my MP3 player every 6 months to a year previously.

It is nice to see some new phones that are as good, if not better than the iphone. When I upgraded my phone last year the iphone was really the only touch screen smart phone ATT had. When it's time to upgrade I will definitely look at other options but barring any future problems, I am very happy with the iphone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 AM

264 posts, read 700,447 times
AT&T has ample coverage issues in areas like Creve Coeur where the mobile phone cell density is higher than average, if you can understand my engineering jargon.

Actually a few friends of mine worked for ATT to give them a coverage analysis and from what I know most of the west county has issues with dropped calls and missed calls etc due to higher mobile usage and the hand off being poor when the user roams from one cell area to another.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:24 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
"mobile phone density" and "ample coverage issues" are engineering jargon?

Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 AM

264 posts, read 700,447 times
Umm.. no but in that post I was implying to the "cell lattice" into which mobile phone zones are divided for coverage, which is jargon.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:03 PM

263 posts, read 529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
visit West Hollywood, CA or Williamsburgh, NY for an hour and you will know what I mean.
West Hollywood is not hipster in any sense. Hipster in LA would be Silverlake and/or Echo Park.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:11 PM

263 posts, read 529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0803 View Post
Story link

I thought this was very funny, especially this part:

Hipsters are the worst.
These kids are not hipsters. 95% of people in the St. Louis area have never seen a hipster nor do they even know what one looks like. There might be 100 total hipsters in the St. Louis area. A very rare species indeed in those parts. The nearest collection of hipsters would be found in the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago, although I think Pilsen may be the next stop. Do I sound like a tour operator?

Old 10-09-2010, 08:17 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I guess orange county is quickly becoming geek. Almost everyone out here is getting rid of their iPhones and dumping AT&T for verizon/droid.

If apple wants to stay on top of the smart phone game they better open the iphone to other providers
The iphone will be available with Verizon soon.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:39 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotigers123 View Post
These kids are not hipsters. 95% of people in the St. Louis area have never seen a hipster nor do they even know what one looks like. There might be 100 total hipsters in the St. Louis area. A very rare species indeed in those parts. The nearest collection of hipsters would be found in the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago, although I think Pilsen may be the next stop. Do I sound like a tour operator?
That is such nonsense. The 20-somethings who live in Wicker Park are no different than the kids who live in East Campus in Columbia. They're in garage bands who experiment with synthesizers, love photography with far too many "artsy" effects and they always have weed, but it's usually the cheap stuff.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
The iphone will be available with Verizon soon.
Possibly true.
Verizon also carries the droid (which blows the door of the iPhone). I operate in an Aple world. Most of my friends are apple loyalists and its really strange to see them all using the droid.

AT&T is apples achilles heal. Verizon may help. The iphone needs to be ported to other carriers including sprint and t-mobile if it hopes to remain relevant.

on a side note: Windows just released their smart phone. What kind of idiot would even think about a phone OS developed from the worlds clunkiest operating system.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:56 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotigers123 View Post
my sentiments exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis