Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 PM

2 posts, read 13,421 times

Advertisements

Hello all. We recently moved to Brentwood, and are late getting our 4 year old registered for preschool. We have called around and found that many of the preschools in the area have waiting lists. Any recommendations? I am a graduate student at WashU, so some place convenient to Brentwood and/or Clayton/UCity would be ideal. The price needs to be reasonable, but we are flexible in terms of the type of school.

We found that the Bethel School (bethelkids.org) in UCity has openings. Does anyone know anything about this school?

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 12:08 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,334,257 times
There are several good preschools in Clayton. One is the Clayton Child Center, which is at the intersection of Maryland Avenue and Jackson Avenue. Another one, The Family Center, is about a mile west down Maryland Avenue...it is on Gay Avenue just north of where Maryland Avenue hits it.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 AM

2 posts, read 13,421 times
thanks for the advice. i think the places you mentioned in clayton are going to be out of our price range, at least until I finish grad school.

any other places that people can recommend, considering affordability?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:22 AM
TGS

360 posts, read 1,714,276 times
I know many people that have been happy with Sacred Heart Villa on The Hill. St. Margeret of Scotland in Shaw also has a good montessori pre-school. Both are Catholic and pretty affordable. I know that they aren't in Clayton or Brentwood but they are still pretty close and their academic reputations are very, very good for the price.

I think that Little Flower in Richmond Heights and St. Mary Magdalen have pre-schools progams, but I don't know anyone that has used them, so I can't speak to their reputations.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:46 AM

321 posts, read 998,179 times
We used Martha Rounds Academy years ago (now the Elaine Rosi Academy) just west of the Schnucks at Brentwood/Manchester. It was a really nice place, but it was a bit pricey back then. I have no idea what they charge these days. Some of our neighbors back then sent their kids to Mary Magdalen on the corner for pre-school thru elementary and they seemed happy with it. We now know neighbors who send their kids to Immacolata on Clayton Rd just west of the Galleria, but I do not know if they have a pre-school. I assume you are too late for the Brentwood School district program or the one on campus at Wash U. How about the mid-County YMCA?

Last edited by wustu87; 08-04-2009 at 10:55 AM..

Old 08-07-2009, 07:27 PM

3 posts, read 11,201 times
Samuel Church Pre-School on the border of U. City and Clayton is great. Despite the fact that it's housed in a church, the students are very diverse.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 5,381 times
Brentwood early childhood center is in Brentwood right on Hanley. It is an amazing facility. The staff there are incredible.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 10,415 times
Default First Congregational Preschool

The First Congregational Preschool on Wydown in Clayton is an amazing preschool. It is in a church facility but is not a religion based program and has children of all backgrounds. It is a preschool program,not a daycare so children go either 2,3 or 5 days/week depending on their age. We have sent two children their and found it to be an incredibly warm and nurturing environment and our children have been well prepared for kindergarden. First Congregational Preschool | Play is the easiest way to learn more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis