Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:01 AM

10 posts, read 23,779 times

Advertisements

In South City last night someone was blocking my garage door ~12am last night.
I could not back out of my garage there wasn't enough space.
I got frustrated called the cops, I never saw them show up.
I understand it's a low priority, but is there anything a "citizen" can do about this?
I was considering doing bad things to the car, but that would have just gotten me in trouble.
I was too frustrated to go back out to the car and leave a note.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 09:17 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,886,652 times
Call the cops non emergency number. If they are reluctant to do anything then call your neighborhood stabilzation officer (NSO). You will also want to get your neighborhood association, alderman, and block captain on this if it becomes a regular occurance.

Goto St. Louis Neighborhoods and see the links below "Neighborhood Service" to find the specific people to contact.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:27 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
I came from a resort community, and it is illegal to block any one's drive even your own . if the police don't respond call a tow truck have them take it to impound. Photograph every thing , be smart. check the laws in your area.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,613,768 times
It's illegal to block your own driveway?

Of course you can call a tow truck, but I wouldn't anticipate ever seeing that money again (though I'm sure the car will never park there again either!)

Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
It's illegal to block your own driveway?

Of course you can call a tow truck, but I wouldn't anticipate ever seeing that money again (though I'm sure the car will never park there again either!)
TP the car.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:37 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,002,301 times
let the air out of his tires.

He was rude enough to cause an inconvenience. Leave a note on the car telling him that he could have been towed instead and it would have cost him more.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
let the air out of his tires.

He was rude enough to cause an inconvenience. Leave a note on the car telling him that he could have been towed instead and it would have cost him more.
This is the kind of passive agressive stuff that I worry will get someone shot. The guy who did this has pretty much no respect for anything and you're going to go **** him off even more. And unless he's blocking more than one garage he's certainly going to know it was you.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:56 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,002,301 times
i've done it a few times. Used to happen very frequently in Pittsburgh because I lived near the stadium.
Never had a problem. Actually offered one of these idiots the use of my compressor.

But I am also pretty sure that I can take care of myself if I have to.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
i've done it a few times. Used to happen very frequently in Pittsburgh because I lived near the stadium.
Never had a problem. Actually offered one of these idiots the use of my compressor.

But I am also pretty sure that I can take care of myself if I have to.
That's hilarious!

I had a friend get into a passive aggressive war with her apartment neighbor and it ended with her getting a gun pulled on her. I never used to worry about stuff like that until then. Some people are just crazy!

Old 11-02-2010, 02:51 PM

183 posts, read 633,913 times
We had a person park in front of our mail box before the mail even came and my wife called the cops. It wasn't even 2 minutes before they got there and gave them a ticket. Of course we live in a smaller village in North County, but they moved right after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis