Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,673 times

Advertisements

Hi, looking to move back to STL. Will be working in O'Fallon area. Trying to find a decent sized lot (.25 - .5 acre), +1600 sq.ft. Looking for a nice neighborhood with some trees already planted, nice family area. Fairly new construction, not real fixer-upper type folks. Moving from DC area. Hoping to find something in the 175k-225k range within 30 min commute.

Looked around Troy, MO area for large lots but found homes to be too small.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 03:19 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
accortes - ummmm,,, what is the winning lottery number for this week's powerball? Who is going to win the World Series this fall? Will it rain tomorrow? What is nine times nine? Dunno, but maybe its just me, but is this blockshopper dot com your pat answer for everything? 18 posts you have made, 18 posts of the same thing... No, not that its a bad thing, probably maybe is potentially helpful, but,,, kinda gives (at least to me) a strange/uneasy feeling, like this is an ad to drum business for this blockshopper dot com site.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:25 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki1995 View Post
Hi, looking to move back to STL. Will be working in O'Fallon area. Trying to find a decent sized lot (.25 - .5 acre), +1600 sq.ft. Looking for a nice neighborhood with some trees already planted, nice family area. Fairly new construction, not real fixer-upper type folks. Moving from DC area. Hoping to find something in the 175k-225k range within 30 min commute.

Looked around Troy, MO area for large lots but found homes to be too small.

thanks!
Well, there are quite a lot of homes in the higher part of that price range available in the area between Bryan Roads and Hwy. K in the OFallon area. You won't believe the difference in the amenities you get in that price range from the lower to the higher. Lots will be closer to the 1/4 acre though. Message me or email me and I can send you what's available anywhere you might consider. Good luck, and you will love OFallon.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:41 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Hey Rick...
Do you live/work the O'Fallon area? I lived there from 1998-2001. Left before the new pool was completed--I hear great things about the place! Would it be possible to get some idea of the current market in that area, specifically Hamptons at Dardenne (just off Bates Rd in Dardenne Prairie, or maybe O'Fallon now... Would love to see what's been happening since we left 6 years ago!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:23 PM

366 posts, read 1,744,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Hey Rick...
Do you live/work the O'Fallon area? I lived there from 1998-2001. Left before the new pool was completed--I hear great things about the place! Would it be possible to get some idea of the current market in that area, specifically Hamptons at Dardenne (just off Bates Rd in Dardenne Prairie, or maybe O'Fallon now... Would love to see what's been happening since we left 6 years ago!
Valerie, I don't live in OFallon, I live in Ballwin which is about 15 minutes drive. I been doing a lot of business in the OFallon area in the last couple of years as it's a booming area. You're hearing great things about it because everywhere you go they are writing great things. It's the fastest growing city in Missouri and was just declared the city with the highest percentage of married people. I wonder who keeps track of these things. They just finished another high school (their 4th) and you wouldn't recognize Highway K as it has every store and restaurant imaginable. Dardenne is one of the nicest places in St. Charles county to be right now. They have extended Page Avenue (from Hwy. 270 at Westport) and it is like an interstate all the way to Harvester Road at Hwy. 94 and it's going to connect with Hwy. 40 just past Dardenne near Lake St. Louis. It's unbelievable what they've built out at that intersection where it's merging. Within a mile or so there are two 14 screen movie theaters, a new super Wal Mart, Home Depot, Target, new Schnucks and yes, plenty of upscale shops too. Even a White Castle Seriously, unbelievable how good a job they've done with OFallon.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:34 PM

285 posts, read 1,067,838 times
Saluki, I hope you can find a job easier than I can. I've been applying for jobs for about 6 weeks and haven't gotten a phone call. That's with a bachelor's degree and no unrealistic salary expectations.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,482 times
Default O'Fallon Home Available

Beautiful home, 3100 s.f. in O'Fallon, fantastic price. If interested, write back. I'm the owner. Dana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis