U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2007, 05:24 AM

2 posts, read 3,929 times

Advertisements

Hi,

i would be moving to st louis and would be working at "Lindell Blvd, St Louis, MO 63108".

i went through a lot of sites, but m confused as hell

Please suggest me good places... the factors are on my priority list

- distance not more than 6-7 miles
- SHOULD BE SAFE
- the price band is about $1ooo

Rest all is adjustable...

Would really appreciate ur help.
Thx in Advance.
Ravi M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 02:40 PM

1,816 posts, read 5,077,542 times
More info?

Lifestyle? Young and single, ? Married with kids? etc...and so on...what type of living environment do you want...city life, suburban etc....?

I can guess based on your post, but you can just provide more info...and always search older posts as well.

Downtown, Central West End, Soulard, The Grove, Lafayette Square, South City, Dog Town, The Hill, are all within your mileage range. If you look at a map...downtown to Brentwood/ClaytonMaplewood/Richmond Heights, close suburban to name one example, is about 8-10 miles from downtown, but in your 6-7 mile range from where you are. U.City would also make your cut.

Most of the above mentioned areas are urban...You have MANY choices of areas to live based on your limited criteria thus far.

Your work address is at or near Saint Louis University.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:16 AM

2 posts, read 3,929 times
hi...
thanks for your prompt reply, i really appreciate it...

I am 25 and single, also looking at city life or suburban, but the biggest factor is the safety part of it and ofcourse the affordability of the apartment...

Also the price i stated is regarding a 2BHK... and i would like to share it with a roommate... so i m looking at a total apartment budget ranging from $600 to $1200... which would be split by two...

i guess this should narrow down my search... or more info is needed

regards,
Ravi M.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:21 PM

1,816 posts, read 5,077,542 times
All of the areas I mentioned would be fine for you, and in your price range. Clayton would be a challenge, but possible, CWE is also part pricey. ....etc...

All of those areas are safe and doable.

The largest social areas(bars, restaurants, etc...nightlife...) in those areas if it matters to a 25 year old...are CWE, Downtown, Soulard, U.City, Clayton...but all are fine for what you are looking for in safety and commute time and your background etc...

As I said, most of those are urban and close to your work, and the few suburban are very close suburban, with lots of people your age and things to do, and close to your work as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or