Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 05:50 PM

11 posts, read 23,056 times

Advertisements

Hello I live in Carbondale, IL and there just isn't any good hair stylist here. I travel back and forth to st louis to get my hair done and now it is super short I REALLY need a stylist that can hook me up someone that is up on today's styles and can free style with no direction from myself. I prefer a salon that is near East st. louis belleville something like that but if the person is great i'll try them, any suggestions for a super picky person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 03:19 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,609,042 times
I don't have any specific suggestions, but I would look for someone in downtown St. Louis. That wouldn't be too far of a drive and it's where you're most likely to find a hair stylist up on current trends.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 PM

thank you for the feedback.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:21 PM

156 posts, read 288,548 times
http://csthesalon.com/

^^ I've been here when I lived in St. Louis and a few people that I know still go here. It is located in downtown St. Louis, and I was extremely happy with the results. I only tried one of the stylist, but I believe they all pretty much use the same technique. You can browse their site, look at each stylist's work, and schedule your appointment online.

Good luck to you; I went to school/lived in the 'Dale for about two years and finding a good hair stylist was far and in between!

Old 08-16-2011, 06:59 PM

Hey thank you for the information and I will look into this shop. OAN: since you've lived in the dale you know where I am coming from it is impossible to stay fresh with the lack of talent here in the dale lol...thanks for reaching out!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:07 PM

I looked at the site and I don't see short hair styles....do you know if they are great at maintaining a short hair cut? just curious what were their prices like, a simple range is all I need? This info would be great I just want to hear from someone that has person experience with this shop before I contact them.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 PM

156 posts, read 288,548 times
The only person I know that goes there who has a short hairstyle got all of her hair cut off by the owner/barber/stylist (Christopher). I am not sure how short your hairstyle is, but my hair was just above ear length when I went. If you look on one of the stylists' profiles (Paula), she actually has pictures of a couple of short cuts that she's done.

When I went, I got a shampoo and style (flat ironed); it came out to around $45.00 (before the tip). Actually, when you go online to schedule an appointment, click on all of the services that you need, and it will give you a price at the bottom before submitting the form (you don't have to enter your info or anything) so you won't feel obligated.

I always prefer stylists that can work with all hair types, and this group are pretty good at what they do. If my sister hadn't moved back in town (she's a beautician) I would have continued to go there.

Last edited by maseyjean; 08-16-2011 at 07:41 PM..

Old 08-16-2011, 07:53 PM

Thank you so much for the detailed reply I appreciate this. Its just that I am super picky about my hair and its hard as heck to find someone you can trust you... but any who thanks again take care.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:05 PM

Okay side note maybe you can suggest something something else for me. I visit the Lou frequently but only been out twice where are the hot spot there to party and meet people with no drama. I do everything solo and like drama free environments any suggestions?

Old 06-09-2013, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,632 times
Hey St. Louis metro area, calling all Sytlists/Cosmetologist, Mani/Pedi Experts, Make up Artists, etc. SureStyles is coming in July. Email me at [email]kmullins@logographicsdna.com[/email] to sign up for a FREE 2 month profile to show off your specialties and get new clients/customers. We are advertising in Alive Mag. and on the radio to promote this so lots of free exposure for you. The website is almost finished and our launch is set for July 1st. So email me now for more info on how to get a FREE Profile on our site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: