Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,234 times

Advertisements

Me and my Fiance will be graduating in a couple of months and have been actively searching for rental properties. We are wanting to stay around $1200 (some flexibility depending on the property) and also want to be close to work. Here is the tricky part, we are waiting on job offers to come in but want to be proactive on our search. So all of STL is up for grabs. The offers could come from AB InBev, Boeing, Mastercard. So with that said my fiance isn't the best driver and could potentially get on at AB. So the less driving for her the better. I tend to like more updated places, esp kitchens. We prefer 2 bedrooms and it has to be a place that allows small dogs. Any suggestions on Areas to look into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 01:58 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
^If proximity to AB for the girlfriend is one of your first thoughts, I would look at Soulard, Lafayette Square, Downtown and Benton Park. You should be able to find a nicely updated place in your budget in any of those neighborhoods. Check out Craigslist for an idea.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:52 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,942,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaGrad2011 View Post
Me and my Fiance will be graduating in a couple of months and have been actively searching for rental properties. We are wanting to stay around $1200 (some flexibility depending on the property) and also want to be close to work. Here is the tricky part, we are waiting on job offers to come in but want to be proactive on our search. So all of STL is up for grabs. The offers could come from AB InBev, Boeing, Mastercard. So with that said my fiance isn't the best driver and could potentially get on at AB. So the less driving for her the better. I tend to like more updated places, esp kitchens. We prefer 2 bedrooms and it has to be a place that allows small dogs. Any suggestions on Areas to look into?
are you looking at renting or buying? There's lots of great places in the CWE and nice downtown lofts (may be more pricey than you want for a 2bd). Mastercard would be a bit of a drive for you if you take that one.. I used torrent.com to search because i moved here with two small dogs as well. The only drawback is many places will either only accept 1 dog, or they have a (what i would consider) high monthly pet rent. I mean really, why does my dog cost the building $75 a month? lol. But back to my point, you can also look at driving routes from different places on google and maybe try to keep her on surface streets and off the highways?
good luck

Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jribe View Post
are you looking at renting or buying? There's lots of great places in the CWE and nice downtown lofts (may be more pricey than you want for a 2bd). Mastercard would be a bit of a drive for you if you take that one.. I used torrent.com to search because i moved here with two small dogs as well. The only drawback is many places will either only accept 1 dog, or they have a (what i would consider) high monthly pet rent. I mean really, why does my dog cost the building $75 a month? lol. But back to my point, you can also look at driving routes from different places on google and maybe try to keep her on surface streets and off the highways?
good luck
This is good advice -- there's a ton of ways to saty off the highway if she lives even vaguely close to her job. Particularly AB -- if she worked there you could live just about anywhere in the city and she could stay off the highway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: