U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-30-2011, 11:44 PM

26 posts, read 32,383 times

Advertisements

is suicide legal in MO if not which states suicide is ok !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 AM

850 posts, read 1,042,409 times
None! Suicide is never ok. If you are feeling so desparate that you feel that's the only way out, then get help for yourself.

And, if you are nothing but a bored Troll, get help because suicide is not a joke especially to those left behind by the person comitting the act.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:19 AM

12,062 posts, read 18,980,775 times
I frankly don't see how this can be anything other than a trolling post, because what difference does it make if suicide is illegal? Suicide makes you dead, and they can't throw dead people in jail.

If you, OP, or anyone else who should happen to run across this are considering suicide, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). They're available 24/7, and it's free and confidential. My father committed suicide in March 2006, and this issue is incredibly near and dear to my heart.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:34 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,713 posts, read 2,186,866 times
This is one of the dumbest questions I've ever come across on citydata. I can't be nice about this. There is really no law out there saying it's a crime to kill yourself...what are they going to do, sentence your remains to life in prison? They can't sentence you to death...you're already dead. But if you're not successful, you can be confined to a mental institution or psyche ward until you are deemed not at suicide risk. And you will likely regret ever having tried it...your punishment instead of prison generally just will be destroyed or damaged personal relationships with the people you care about the most.

If you are considering suicide, listen to this. I came from an extremely dark place, one that I believe many people would've killed themselves over, and I have to tell you that had I done that, I would not have the incredible life that I have today. Instead I chose to believe in something greater than myself, and stopped trying to control my life based on my wants and needs. It's amazing how much better life gets when you let go. Life is too good to waste....you really don't know where you will be in 5 years, even a day from now. And most people usually have family and friends whose lives get permanently damaged when one commits suicide. Suicide is destructive to everyone personally attached to you, not just you. You have essentially denied your family, friends, and most importantly, denied yourself a decent and happy life. I have seen people, including me, come back from even the seemingly most impossible circumstances and become successful, happy people. So I suggest you think long and hard about whether it's really worth making the people that love you sad for the rest of their lives, as well as how certain you are that your life doesn't matter. Once you kill yourself, you can't undo it. There's also no way of knowing what's waiting for you after you kill yourself. You can be almost certain that if you seek help, your life will get better. Trust me, your life matters more than you think. Call the suicide hotline or talk to a therapist. Suicide in my book is second only to first degree homicide.

Last edited by stlouisan; 10-31-2011 at 03:08 PM..

Old 11-02-2011, 01:02 PM

730 posts, read 1,378,377 times
No one serious about Suicide has any reason to care if it's legal. However, if you are considering it, get help instead.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:32 PM

26 posts, read 32,383 times
No one wants to suicide , i just wonder if anywhere in US is legal to kill your self on your own request like how they do it by injection in lot of European countries !

Old 11-03-2011, 02:37 PM

10,059 posts, read 5,400,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfacek View Post
is suicide legal in MO if not which states suicide is ok !
Suicide is killing someone, (yourself), and killing someone is not legal in any state.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:15 PM

1,159 posts, read 2,317,969 times
Oregon. Oregon allows Right to Die with Dignity and Physician's Assistant but you'd have to research the particulars.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,226 times
Ive had chronic fatigue/viral for two years. I am basically homebound in pain everyday. On top of that I've recently acquired severe tinnitus. There are really no prospects for getting better. I am a middle aged man, who had a lot going for him till I got sick. I am being supported by my mother and hardly have any friends left. Doctor's are clueless or are reluctant to help. If I want to kill myself, I have every right to. It's my body. The Government or no other institution has any right to tell you what you can or cannot do with my own body.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:49 AM

7 posts, read 4,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
Oregon. Oregon allows Right to Die with Dignity and Physician's Assistant but you'd have to research the particulars.
is this for real? coz honestly i didn't know that! Suicide is one of the most repulsive act that a person could ever commit to himself,. No one, not your parents friends close relatives or even yourself has the right to take away somebody else's life,,, That is ridiculous..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis