Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:36 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,872,298 times

Advertisements

^Agreed. BTW, did you ever start looking for jobs here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:44 PM

37 posts, read 58,128 times
I'm actually relocating for a job I had lined up. As far as places to run in Benton Park vs. U City, what would you say? This is also something very important to us.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcitygirl View Post
^Agreed. BTW, did you ever start looking for jobs here?
Is that to me? If so, yes, we're working on it. SO is the priority and he's got some solid prospects but things always take longer than you hope they will.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollydurand View Post
I'm actually relocating for a job I had lined up. As far as places to run in Benton Park vs. U City, what would you say? This is also something very important to us.
U City wins that one too. Benton Park (the park) is one of my favorite smaller parks in the city, but it's pretty small as a place to run generally and the area as a whole is cut off by highways or sketchy to the west and southwest.

Tower Grove Park is also a great place to run as well, but I feel like I keep suggesting that a lot!

Actually you know who really wins? Skinker DeBaliviere -- that's the neighborhood that abuts the city line and is walking distance to metro, the loop amenities and the best spot for running in the city: Forest Park.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,872,298 times
Quote:
U-City, plus you are very close to Forest Park, which is AMAZING

Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 AM

704 posts, read 1,792,297 times
Quote:
wow! thanks for this! this was incredibly helpful to compare neighborhoods. we love love love cap hill and wash park areas so we will definitely take your advice and look at u-city. thanks heaps!
As I mentioned, that is only a very crude analogy. But it's the closest I could come up with. Keep in mind that the city of St. Louis itself is only about half the size of the city of Denver. But St. Louis' urban neighborhoods and areas are probably much larger than Denver's. In Denver, once you get outside of Capitol Hill, Lodo, etc., you're already in the suburbs (practically). But many, many of St. Louis' suburbs could be classified as urban neighborhoods. Clayton and U-City, among them.

I don't like Capitol Hill at all, so I don't like U-City, either. But if Capitol Hill is you're thing, you'll probably like U-City. If you take the state capitol and replace it with one of America's pre-emminent universities (Wash U.), and go a few more miles away from downtown, you've got U-City. But, again, only sort of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis