U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 03-04-2012, 07:43 PM

7,639 posts, read 10,244,852 times
Default St. Louis satirized

This was found by my fiancee, fellow C-D member Missy.Rivers, as this is hilarious:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/St._Louis

The description of the various suburban communities really brings this home, I was laughing for about 15 minutes straight reading this.

It's all in good fun, and you have to take it for what it is.Truth begets humor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-05-2012, 08:41 AM

12,062 posts, read 17,073,213 times
I needed some giggles on this Monday morning, so I thank you for sharing!

DP, if you're lurking (I know you always do!) :P

Lake St. Louis - Has the most original name of any St. Louis suburb. There's an artificial lake for old people and hobos to take a dump in, and it thinks it's a tourist attraction because of Wal-Mart and its impressive population of nearly 16 people.

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM

1,152 posts, read 560,626 times
As a future Missourian, I thought it was hilarious. This part really tickled me:

Geography
The city lies between two muddy rivers, the Mizzourey and the Mississippi. Contrary to popular belief, St. Louis was invented by the Sumerians over 4,000 years ago.
The city’s lack of any natural boundaries or sea ports as well as its location between several highly aggressive warring nations make it a natural tourist attraction and trading center. St. Louis is famous for its lack of mountains and abundance of water. And of course, the abundance of squirrels and blind deer.
The regular devastation that is caused by mass meteor showers has been traced to the fact that there a large deposit of magnetic materials mixed into the bedrock that seems to just yank passing meteors out of the sky. In fact, recent studies indicate St. Louis' electromagnetic field is as strong as that of the planet Jupiter, if not stronger.
Just east of the city, across the Euphrates, the legendary Cahokia Mounds are located. Popular belief is that they were built hundreds of years ago by Indian tribes for exercise purposes, however most St. Louisans believe them to just be...mounds.

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:17 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,869,515 times
More St Louis stereotype funnies...As someone who did not go to high school in the area, I found this exteremely amusing (see the related PDF file):

Where You Should've Gone to High School - Page 1 - News - St. Louis - Riverfront Times

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:27 AM

1,152 posts, read 560,626 times
^
Very funny! I'm moving to the area with my high school age daughter this summer, and found that pdf to be very humerous and stranglely accurate, given all the research I have done so far!

Unread 03-05-2012, 10:33 AM

69 posts, read 70,446 times
Yeah, cool. I have the Detroit version in my bookmarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis