Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM

588 posts, read 1,101,127 times

Advertisements

While not the trendy area like the CWE, Soulard is actually a GREAT community, with a lot of gays. We have 2 neighborhood bars there (Clementines and the Bastille) which are small, and cater to a mature crowd. Soulard is also home to Mardi Gras, and convenient to all highways and downtown. The down side - for now - is not metro rail (14th street station is close). The neighborhood is filled with wonderful brick homes / apartments, and local Soulardian's often know their neighbors. I'd say it's very small town in the middle of the city. Oh - and I wouldn't say pride is in the grove, it's in Tower Grove Park off South Grand, and you can't walk there from the Grove or CWE - Soulard offers a shuttle to and from the park each year I'd at least check the neighborhood out. If you opt for the Grove - check out Front Door St. Louis. A friend rents from them there and LOVES it, and I could see myself living in the area very soon. Good luck, and welcome to the city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 AM

588 posts, read 1,101,127 times
PS - I live in a converted school house, with several gays We don't have a pool, but we do have a gazebo with a BBQ pit and we often hang out there in the summer. I live between Soulard and Tower Grove south in the Gate District off Lafayette! Convenient to all the wonderful neighborhoods of South City!

Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 PM

4 posts, read 10,013 times
Thank you everyone for all of the advice.

We ended up liking the Towne House Apartments the most. They have updated units in a 1960's high rise, with balconies, a large terrace, dog park, gym, and pool. The view is unbelievable, some units get a striking view of the skyline, and some have a view of the Basilica that is just next door. CWE has so many beautiful trees to enjoy, so many things to walk to and none of the streets in this area make me uncomfortable to walk through at night. The only thing that came short is I would have liked to bring my washer and dryer but this building was too good to pass up.

Thanks again, I can not wait to move up, we should be there in mid-May!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,536,045 times
^Congratulations! You'll have to keep up updated when you get here; I hope you like it

Old 04-17-2012, 01:45 PM

210 posts, read 410,841 times
"gay-borhood" ... LOL

Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 AM

17 posts, read 44,050 times
Congrats on finding a place and good luck with your move! We also liked Towne House apartments very much, and the woman in the leasing area was super. I think you will be very happy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis