Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times

Advertisements

I will be reassured with a DECISIVE victory tommorrow, which is what we need to boost morale. Those 2 key injuires are hurting right now. If the Blues go down a goal or two early Thursday and then lose their cool and start taking penalties, it's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,097,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I will be reassured with a DECISIVE victory tommorrow, which is what we need to boost morale. Those 2 key injuires are hurting right now. If the Blues go down a goal or two early Thursday and then lose their cool and start taking penalties, it's over.
Yep, probably is over now. Regardless, I have faith that this team has what it takes to win the Cup..this just isn't their year. And the Kings came out of nowhere...I'd be surprised if anybody beats them. It's looking the conference finals are going to be on the West Coast this year..Phoenix now leads Nashville 3-1 in the series and is going back home to play them. One guarantee is that if anyone in the Western Conference wins the Stanley Cup, it will be their first in history.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:40 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Congrats to the Kings, they played good, very good.

Thanks to the Blues, for a heck of a season, what a ride, some great games during the season, including an awesome 1st round over the Sharks,,, just hate that the series vs. the Kings ended in this manner.

PS: Never could stand Brown, now after watching him play the past four games, its worse...

As the Cub fans say,,, here's to next year...

Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times
The Kings outplayed the Blues in almost every facet of the game. As I predicted, it was a matter of finding a way to beat Jonathan Quick and keeping their cool when under pressure. They really did neither as Quick was outstanding and the Blues took some bad penalties at inopportune times even by their veterans. The Kings pretty well stifled the Blues with aggressive forechecking keeping the Blues throttled. If the Blues would have played like they did in the 2nd period of game 4, the Blues might have had a chance. Unfortunately they didn't. Hats off to the Kings who look like a very good team that will give Phoenix (more than likely their next opponent) more than they can handle.

My prediction for the Western Conference Finals: Kings win 4 games to 2 against Phoenix.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,803,339 times
The Blues had a strong, solid regular season. The margin of error was very thin. The end results of this year's Blues team mirrors history. Previously, 25 straight playoff teams, consistently good, but not much better than that, with early round playoff exits. Getting back to that 25 year consistency, and, mixing in deeper playoff runs a bit more often will hopefully be on the horizon. Lots of work to be done and needs fixed. Nice to be a relevant regular season team again after much recent absence. But, I am hoping for and expecting much more than that moving forward.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
The Blues had a strong, solid regular season. The margin of error was very thin. The end results of this year's Blues team mirrors history. Previously, 25 straight playoff teams, consistently good, but not much better than that, with early round playoff exits. Getting back to that 25 year consistency, and, mixing in deeper playoff runs a bit more often will hopefully be on the horizon. Lots of work to be done and needs fixed. Nice to be a relevant regular season team again after much recent absence. But, I am hoping for and expecting much more than that moving forward.
This team is new and many of the players on our team had not gotten this deep into the playoffs, or ever been in the playoffs. If the Kings can break their Stanley Cup drought this year, that's all the more proof that the Blues can. I am expecting a potential break in that consistency...you never know what will happen down the road.

Had this Kings team not knocked us out, I believe the Blues might've gone all the way.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
The Kings outplayed the Blues in almost every facet of the game. As I predicted, it was a matter of finding a way to beat Jonathan Quick and keeping their cool when under pressure. They really did neither as Quick was outstanding and the Blues took some bad penalties at inopportune times even by their veterans. The Kings pretty well stifled the Blues with aggressive forechecking keeping the Blues throttled. If the Blues would have played like they did in the 2nd period of game 4, the Blues might have had a chance. Unfortunately they didn't. Hats off to the Kings who look like a very good team that will give Phoenix (more than likely their next opponent) more than they can handle.

My prediction for the Western Conference Finals: Kings win 4 games to 2 against Phoenix.
i'm inclined to agree that the Kings will win. And I am pretty sure the Rangers if they made the Cup would get demolished by the Kings..don't know about the Devils but it's up in the air for sure. Phoenix held up pretty well tonight, but obviously it will take more. The Stanley Cup appears to be L.A.-bound this year.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,803,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
This team is new and many of the players on our team had not gotten this deep into the playoffs, or ever been in the playoffs. If the Kings can break their Stanley Cup drought this year, that's all the more proof that the Blues can. I am expecting a potential break in that consistency...you never know what will happen down the road.

Had this Kings team not knocked us out, I believe the Blues might've gone all the way.
Obviously this year's team has different personnel, from a different time period, but the results are very familar. I would very much like to say different, but objectively speaking, I can't. I believe it is very fair and even positive to say the Blues had a very good regular season, got out of the first round of the playoffs for the first time in a long time, but overall had a disappointing early exit playoff. Historically the Blues have been intriguing, because they've been good enough to make the playoffs consistently over a long time, minus this past decade. But much of the time, the playoff exits have been earlier than later. This year's results is what I expect much of the time for the Blues. Not as high of regular season points, but, a strong reg. season, playoff team, that goes a round or two, and hopefully mix in some deeper runs than that on occasion. That's a reasonable annual expectation.

Some of the current personnel will get better, some will regress, some will stay the same, and some will depart. Budgets are not expected to increase signiicantly for the forseeable future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: