Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:10 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,494,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Agree with Creve Coeur, because the school district for most of the city is Parkway, and it is a good district with a long track record of excellence, and because it would provide the easiest commute to downtown. There are other options though. Agree with the possibliity of Brentwood. I like Maplewood too. Theirs schools have come back, and seem to be much, much better than before. I like the little downtown. Also, you can consider Webster Groves, although I am less enthusiastic about their schools. And I just love Kirkwood! Good schools too. If you want to commute via I-44, either of the latter would work. All of the cities I mentioned, except for Creve Coeur have inventories of older homes.
I can't imagine recommending Maplewood but being cautious about Webster schools -- Webster's scores are far better than Maplewood's.

I'm definitely not saying I wouldn't send my (as of yet imaginary) kids to Maplewood-Richmond Heights schools, but it simply doesn't make sense to say those schools have improved and are worthy of consideration while overlooking the fact that Webster schools have outperformed those in MRH for just about forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis