Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2007, 12:02 PM

5 posts, read 27,667 times

Advertisements

Hi, I grew up in stl, then went off to college, and after my husband's relocation we are back! We rent now in Ballwin but are looking to buy soon, a starter home! My husband's home office is in Fenton. We are look for good school districts(we have a 13 month old!)! I grew up in South county but went to private schools. We are looking to spend $140-160K a hopefully come across a 3bed, with a basement in a family friendly area! Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 PM

366 posts, read 1,742,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel8028 View Post
Hi, I grew up in stl, then went off to college, and after my husband's relocation we are back! We rent now in Ballwin but are looking to buy soon, a starter home! My husband's home office is in Fenton. We are look for good school districts(we have a 13 month old!)! I grew up in South county but went to private schools. We are looking to spend $140-160K a hopefully come across a 3bed, with a basement in a family friendly area! Any ideas?
Hi, I live in Ballwin as well and am a real estate agent with over 10 years experience working in the areas you are looking. Please look at my profile here for more info and email or call me and I will be more than happy to show you what's available. Look forward to hearing from you.

Rick

Old 10-09-2007, 12:29 AM

40 posts, read 262,592 times
I don't think mel's question was "does anyone know of a real estate agent?".

My wife and I are nearly done with our buying process in soco. Our number one priority was buying in an area with decent public schools. We decided to limit our house search to the Lindberg school district. With you having lived in this area before, and also living here now, you already have a good feel for which school district you'ld like to see your child grow up in. That might help you determine a fairly small area to search in.

After that, do some google searches for houses in the zip codes in that school district. This will give you some rough ideas on pricing in those areas for a typically sq footage.

My wife and I hit open houses every weekend for a month off the info we found on our web searches. One- it gave us a good feel for how much house we could get for how much money in a certain area. And two- it allowed us to meet several real estate agents (agents showing the houses) in person to get a feel for one that we'ld like to have as our buying agent. My wife met an agent she just clicked with while viewing a house, and she (our buying agent) was been nothing but stellar. We had originally thought about not having a buying agent, but now I'm very glad we have one.

We were looking for houses w/ 3 beds, 2 baths, and at least 1500 sq feet. We were entering 160k to 200k in our searches for max price on the realtor sites. There are Tons of houses on the market in the Lindberg school district that fit that bill! LOL. Huge inventory right now, and seemingly, not many qualified or motivated buyers. Most houses we looked at had been on the market for months. Many have reduced their price at least once, if not more times. Sellers seem extremely motivated!

We ended up falling in love with a house that was listed at 200k, and now have it under contract for 175 and the seller pays half of closing. After what we are putting down, we aren't financing much more than what the top of your price range is. Just fyi.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 27,667 times
Thanks we are so ready, tired of apartment living!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt80rider View Post
I'm sorry. I didn't know I couldn't post what I did and that it would cause you to down me for offering my services. I will put my reputation and customer service against anyone. I do know that I would never answer him with the prejudicial responses that you have posted in your two days of posting here on the City-Data forum.

Quote:
literally no crime.... nearly 100% white area
Posted here: La Belle, MO. 63447

Quote:
Perhaps you would like to come enjoy some "culture" in East St Louis sometime soon?
Posted here: Is Iowa still promoting the State to Minorities?

Quote:
Of all my time in Detroit, I've never been completely "comfortable" there. Having spent most of my life driving through the east side of St Louis back for forth to work, it takes a lot to make me uncomfortable.
Posted here: How far down for Detroit?

I'm glad that I didn't find you at one of my open houses. I don't have a prejudice bone in my body, and can't take those who do.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:09 PM

116 posts, read 444,337 times
Is this a good time to say MEOW hehe

Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 AM

Since I posted above, gt80rider has posted yet another questionable post.

Quote:
Quite nice?? Are you sure you've actually been there before?

Dirty- yes, lots of crime- yes, nice- not hardly.

If Alton is Ladue compared to where you live now, you must live in East St Louis.

Posted here: What is Alton like?

All these, and he only has 9 posts as of today. Welcome to the board gt80rider.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:23 AM

285 posts, read 1,066,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt80rider View Post

My wife and I are nearly done with our buying process in soco. Our number one priority was buying in an area with decent public schools. We decided to limit our house search to the Lindberg school district. With you having lived in this area before, and also living here now, you already have a good feel for which school district you'ld like to see your child grow up in. That might help you determine a fairly small area to search in.

After that, do some google searches for houses in the zip codes in that school district. This will give you some rough ideas on pricing in those areas for a typically sq footage.

My wife and I hit open houses every weekend for a month off the info we found on our web searches. One- it gave us a good feel for how much house we could get for how much money in a certain area. And two- it allowed us to meet several real estate agents (agents showing the houses) in person to get a feel for one that we'ld like to have as our buying agent. My wife met an agent she just clicked with while viewing a house, and she (our buying agent) was been nothing but stellar. We had originally thought about not having a buying agent, but now I'm very glad we have one.

We were looking for houses w/ 3 beds, 2 baths, and at least 1500 sq feet. We were entering 160k to 200k in our searches for max price on the realtor sites. There are Tons of houses on the market in the Lindberg school district that fit that bill! LOL. Huge inventory right now, and seemingly, not many qualified or motivated buyers. Most houses we looked at had been on the market for months. Many have reduced their price at least once, if not more times. Sellers seem extremely motivated!

We ended up falling in love with a house that was listed at 200k, and now have it under contract for 175 and the seller pays half of closing. After what we are putting down, we aren't financing much more than what the top of your price range is. Just fyi.

The post was "Looking to buy a starter home," in which case I think a realtor could very well be of some use.

You have 9 posts on this forum and are already managing to make enemies with your arrogant attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis