Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM

3,483 posts, read 9,018,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Why we're on the subject of Lambert.... What municipality is Lambert actually in?
Technically speaking, Lambert airport was annexed by the City of St. Louis, so it's City Land. It's surrounded by numerous municipalities, including Berkley, Kinloch, Woodson Terrace, Edmundson, St. Ann, Bridgeton, and Hazelwood. I'd have to check, but I believe the land where the homes were destroyed in Bridgeton is now owned by St. Louis City as well...I'm sure some exceptions were made on the streets that were not barricaded, but all the blocked streets have no Tresspassing signs, and read something about either Lambert St. Louis Airport Property, or City of St. Louis Property. Can't remember which.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 773 times
my name is spencer taylor and I was brought up in edmundson and have an abundance of fond memories of my childhood there.At the present time I am living in new orleans la. and have been for the pass 35 years. as a child I attended kratz elementary,heoch junior high and ritnour sr. I lived at 7826 treadway and I have a younger brother named randy. I consider my best friend to be jeff troxel. I was just wondering about how have that neighborhood has changed and if this post is familier to anyone can they get in contact with me at [email]spencerchamptaylor@gmail.com[/email] or feel free to call me at (504)342-2963

Old 11-03-2015, 11:22 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynavyj View Post
Absolutely remember it, absolutely gorgeous. I spent way to much time at the Carrollton Club pool during the summer time, walked to the corner drug store and Dairy Queen, rented movies from the Turner's at Video Haven, and received "fix-it" guidance from Telscher Hardware. It was a great community, tons of kids, safe neighborhood, with plenty to do...It's a real shame that it was lost to a totally unnecessary runway extension. Very sad indeed.
I just now discovered this thread. I too lived in Carrollton years ago, I remember a lot of those stores in that shopping center. They had two grocery stores, Jay Bee and IGA, there was also a Velvet Freeze, Ben Franklin dime store, Suburban Pharmacy, Arnold's Gift Shop and I think a dentist office at the end. I worked at that bowling alley for a time. Down the road a little there was a Jerry Lewis Cinema but it didn't last very long. And to the other poster who was asking about Edmundson, I lived there too and also went to Kratz, probably after he did. It's been a few years since I went back to that neighborhood but the changes I noticed were those little candy stores, Zykan, Swiftway and that little one across from Kratz, I think it was called Ken's food shop are all gone. That part of Edmundson Road going down toward Natural Bridge has been changed because of the airport.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:56 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Why we're on the subject of Lambert.... What municipality is Lambert actually in?
As long as we are digging up this thread....
Lambert Airport is technically unincorporated St Louis County. The owner of the property is the City of St Louis, but the city has not annexed the property (it cannot annex it for numerous legal reason). It is an unusual situation of a city owning property outside its own boundaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis