Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:08 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
I would suggest the St. Louis Art Fair, but it doesn't start until Friday. It's Fri-Sun. That weekend. If it fits your schedule, swing by there beginning Friday. You missed Festival of Nations, one of my favorites by one weekend, which was this weekend.

If you are still seeking something else, I always suggest Forest Park. Lots to do and see in there.
Thank you so much!! Unfortunately, the Art Fair is out for us, lol. The start time on Friday will cut too close to the ball game time, and we pull out Sat morning around 6am bc I have a meeting to attend and then a wedding. But this would have been such a wonderful event to attend.

Will def add Forest Park to our Friday list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
Check out Blondies for a good brunch spot on Washington Ave downtown. Rooster is also highly recommended if you like crepes. Also a good place to go on Thursday nights are the bars along Washington Ave or McGurks and iTap in Soulard.
All of these suggestions I have added to my list. I am a sucker for brunch so excited to try out and have also added McGurks and iTap to list for Thursday. I looked into all and def liked what I read!! Thank you!!!!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiken View Post
Love the McGurks and iTap recommendations. These two are always on the list of places we take our co-workers when they're in STL for the first time. The bar scene in Soulard to me is just STL in a nutshell. If you're focused more on the immediate downtown area, I like Bridge.

You mentioned the Cardinal's game--I think that the rooftop bar at the Hilton at the Ballpark is just awesome at night. To me, worth checking out.

I could seriously put together a night out depending on neighborhood.

Downtown, my favorites might be Robust Wine Bar for pre-dinner fun, Mango for dinner (some people might also recommend Pi Pizza--hugely popular in STL), Bridge for drinks afterwards, the gelato place for desert.

Lafayette Square--Square One Brewing for pre-dinner fun, Eleven Eleven Mississippi for dinner, Chocolate Bar or the freakin gooey butter cakes at Park Avenue Coffee for dessert

CWE - Subzero Vodka Bar for pre-dinner drink, Brasserie by Niche for dinner, Bissinger's for dessert, pretty much any bar in Maryland Plaza-ish area for going out

Soulard, to me, is more about drinking & casual food than anything too fancy--which I love, don't get me wrong. One of my favorite things to do before sporting events was to drink in Soulard at a place that offered a free shuttle to the game.

I could go on....but these are some of the more popular centrally located to downtown neighborhoods. Can you tell I love food & drink? What you do during the day is less my thing--there are tons of options, but they're easy to research.

WOW -- Thank you so very much for such a detailed list. Of course most of the time during travels we all write out an itinerary and then leave the rest to spontaneity. This list will def help me out with our spontaneous picks!! So much to choose from and after exploring your suggestions, I see you have great taste!! Thanks again!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:16 PM

My sincere apologies to last few posters for the late reply. None of you had to post anything to this thread and so I do appreciate your time and thoughtfulness. I was bombarded (a good thing) with a few callbacks for job interviews back to back and was not able to thank you or reply as quickly as I would have liked. I have finally completed my Thursday itinerary and have sent my list to the beau!! Thanks so much to you all again!! You all are awesome

Old 09-03-2013, 08:05 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,069 times
No problem. Give us a post when you are complete to let us know how your trip was and what you thought.

BTW Bridge Tap House is a great spot for a drink on a Wednesday if you have time as well. Glad the poster above pointed that out.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
No problem. Give us a post when you are complete to let us know how your trip was and what you thought.

BTW Bridge Tap House is a great spot for a drink on a Wednesday if you have time as well. Glad the poster above pointed that out.
Awesome!!! Thanks and will doooo!! Off to bed I go so tomorrow can come faster!

Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 PM

OK so we had a BLAST!! The City Museum was hands down our favorite adventure. We LOVED it. I was climbing and running and falling and sliding...and yeah well you get the point. LOL. Sooo much fun!!! Thanks to the one poster above who recommended that I wear tennis shoes. I had planned on wearing a dress and would have been so disappointed. We tried the gooey butter cake at Park Ave. Coffee. It was egh. But the outside patio in the back was awesome! We arrived there at around 9 pm and sat with our legs propped up by the fire as we sipped on coffee and snacked on the cakes. Wonderful ambiance and experience for us. Broadways Oyster Bar was hands down delicious! Oh my goodness the oysters were to die for and my seafood pasta dish was finger lickin good. Loved the live band experience too. Lastly, we tried Mango Peruvian and LOVED it too. Such yummy yummy food. We got our BUTT KICKED in baseball by the Cardinals but the St Louis fans were so much fun. They picked on us all in good fun and energy. We laughed and talked to several of those around us, took pictures with them..had a blast. St. Louis is a fantastic city with awesome people. Thanks so much again for the wonderful suggestions. When we return we will try the other suggestions that we missed out on!! You all rock! Lata..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: