Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:25 AM

6 posts, read 15,557 times

Advertisements

HI All

Im looking for a inexpensive one bedroom apartment with washer and dryer hookups in the city of st.louis. Im looking for a quiet and safe place.(If there is such a thing) No Central West end. A lady told me I should stay east of Kingshighway. I want to be close to grocery stores. Im disapointed there isnt a dierbergs in the city. Are those places near tower grove safe? They look awfully runned down. Clue me in it seems like all the areas of the city are named after parks.

thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
What is inexpensive? That varies so greatly among people. That being said I really like the Tower Grove area, and it is quiet and pretty inexpensive. You might also look at Dogtown or Lafayette Square. I really like Soulard, but if you don't like the Central West End you probably won't like that area either (especially during Mardi Gras!)

Old 12-06-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
What is inexpensive? That varies so greatly among people. That being said I really like the Tower Grove area, and it is quiet and pretty inexpensive. You might also look at Dogtown or Lafayette Square. I really like Soulard, but if you don't like the Central West End you probably won't like that area either (especially during Mardi Gras!)
Inexpensive for a one bedroom 400-425. Inexpensive for 2 bedroom 450-475. If I live in the city it has got to be a bargain. thanks

Old 12-06-2007, 09:04 AM

287 posts, read 1,086,790 times
I don't know if you can find a place in that price range, but some safe areas of south city would be near Carondelet park (Holly Hills area), Francis Park (St. Louis Hills) and the Southampton area. There are some good neighborhoods near Tower Grove Park, but there are some shady areas too. Check out whatever area you decide to move into thoroughly before you sign the lease.
As for Kinsghighway, my suggestion would be to avoid the areas on the east side between Chippewa and Bates.

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by sablebaby; 12-08-2007 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: no realtor sites, please.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anr_black View Post
I don't know if you can find a place in that price range, but some safe areas of south city would be near Carondelet park (Holly Hills area), Francis Park (St. Louis Hills) and the Southampton area. There are some good neighborhoods near Tower Grove Park, but there are some shady areas too. Check out whatever area you decide to move into thoroughly before you sign the lease.
As for Kinsghighway, my suggestion would be to avoid the areas on the east side between Chippewa and Bates.
Im not familiar with the Southhampton area. What streets would that encompass? Would that area be call dutchtown?

thanks

Last edited by sablebaby; 12-08-2007 at 09:57 PM..

Old 12-07-2007, 07:08 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,925,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling60 View Post
Inexpensive for a one bedroom 400-425. Inexpensive for 2 bedroom 450-475. If I live in the city it has got to be a bargain. thanks
Plan on either living in the suburbs or a cardboard box at those prices. To have a decent one bedroom in the city it is gonna cost minimum 600...minimum.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:48 PM

287 posts, read 350,521 times
South city is full of apartments in that range in decent areas.

Maplewood/Clayton/U City? Forget about it.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:40 AM

287 posts, read 1,086,790 times
Sorry moderator...now I know not to post links

Southampton is the area from Chippewa south to Eichelberger, and Hampton west to Kinshighway.
You can find 1-2 bedrooms in that neighborhood for 500-550. You will have a harder time finding a washer/dryer in the apt. though. Some have laundry hookups in the basement, or there's the laundromat on Macklind.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:34 PM

13 posts, read 55,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Plan on either living in the suburbs or a cardboard box at those prices. To have a decent one bedroom in the city it is gonna cost minimum 600...minimum.

Gee I dont know, there is a whole 2 bedroom house across the street from me on Delor just up from Bevo Mill for $600. All remodeled and 2 car garage too.
Im sure you can find something nice for 600.

Ive been in my house over 12 years, and the worst thing in I personally know of is a car radio stolen and one house broken into about 6 years back. I know a few blocks north of here there was a rape and a child abduction , both of those were a few years back as well. For the most part, its pretty laid back and quiet in this part of South St. Louis. But Im there is something I could find to complain about if I wanted to.

Old 12-17-2007, 04:34 PM

13 posts, read 55,554 times
Just found out my neighbor has a one bedroom upstair apartment in their house they are thinking of renting out for around 300. They just finished remodeling the entire apartment as well. So there they do exist here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: