Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 06:11 AM

59 posts, read 81,444 times

Advertisements

That is one of the ones that has come up several times on my searches and if 3 of the bedrooms are on the main floor it would be rather perfect. Good to see there are a few with the floorplan we need. I haven't been able to get floodsmart to work for me. It gives me an error every time I try it. But I will keep trying.
Mindi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 06:32 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
If you don't already know: look for 1.5 story houses if you want ground floor master bedrooms.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:35 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,861,227 times
Or just single story ranch houses

Old 04-09-2014, 08:10 PM

We don't really need a ground floor master as my husband wants the master for us but we need a ground floor guest bedroom with a full bath for my mother. It doesn't matter which level the master is on as long as she has a bedroom that doesn't involve stairs. We have touched base with a realtor and she was able to pull several that have a guest bedroom on the main level!

I so appreciate all the input and I will keep you posted as we get started house hunting.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTN96 View Post
We don't really need a ground floor master as my husband wants the master for us but we need a ground floor guest bedroom with a full bath for my mother. It doesn't matter which level the master is on as long as she has a bedroom that doesn't involve stairs. We have touched base with a realtor and she was able to pull several that have a guest bedroom on the main level!

I so appreciate all the input and I will keep you posted as we get started house hunting.
Yay! Great news! I can't wait to hear how everything goes!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,146 times
We looked at about 30 properties before we found one of the things I really wanted which was access to the back yard for the main level, so the dogs don't have to run up and down stairs to go outside. Also wanted a three car garage that was not visible from the street and 3+acres. Once you find the house that has all you want grab it!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:32 AM

Location: inside, where it is warm or cool depending on the season
117 posts, read 140,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
OP: Take a look at 1836 Pheasant Run Dr, Maryland Heights, 63043 on realtor.com

According to the write up, the basement is a fully finished walkout, so there's actually 3000 sqft of living space (even though there's just over 1700 above grade). It's in Parkway School district (excellent) and I know and love the subdivision that it's in. It's a lovely part of Maryland Heights.

Two things I don't like about this house.

1 - it is near the dump. A relative lived on the other side of Pheasant Run and the horrible sour dump smell would sometimes drift over. Not a good summertime experience. I would totally avoid this area.

2 - the house boarders dorsett, a very busy road. although less busy than the dorsett/270 area - still who wants to hear cars all night long?

if it weren't for those two things it'd be ok and it is near creve coeur park.

Look at this one and in this area (and west and south) - much much better schools and closer to west county (chesterfield to brentwood along 40) shopping: 11003 Wellsley Ct, Saint Louis, MO 63146 is For Sale - Zillow
here's another in Des Peres. I think the house is ugly but this area is nice: 12800 Sarala Pl, Saint Louis, MO 63131 is For Sale - Zillow this is probably as far as you'd want to go - or maybe even too far from the airport...

and another: 2030 Tramore Ct, Chesterfield, MO 63017 is For Sale - Zillow ($249K) - kind of a hike to the airport especially in traffic.

if you could meet in the middle...202 New Salem Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141 is For Sale - Zillow

I know some of these homes are above 300K but it is a buyers market and I'm guessing they'll come way down.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanantoniomike View Post
Two things I don't like about this house.

1 - it is near the dump. A relative lived on the other side of Pheasant Run and the horrible sour dump smell would sometimes drift over. Not a good summertime experience. I would totally avoid this area.

2 - the house boarders dorsett, a very busy road. although less busy than the dorsett/270 area - still who wants to hear cars all night long?

if it weren't for those two things it'd be ok and it is near creve coeur park.

Look at this one and in this area (and west and south) - much much better schools and closer to west county (chesterfield to brentwood along 40) shopping: 11003 Wellsley Ct, Saint Louis, MO 63146 is For Sale - Zillow
here's another in Des Peres. I think the house is ugly but this area is nice: 12800 Sarala Pl, Saint Louis, MO 63131 is For Sale - Zillow this is probably as far as you'd want to go - or maybe even too far from the airport...

and another: 2030 Tramore Ct, Chesterfield, MO 63017 is For Sale - Zillow ($249K) - kind of a hike to the airport especially in traffic.

if you could meet in the middle...202 New Salem Dr, Creve Coeur, MO 63141 is For Sale - Zillow

I know some of these homes are above 300K but it is a buyers market and I'm guessing they'll come way down.

I just noticed too that the house borders Dorsett- I agree that Dorsett can get busy... but once you get past Schnucks it isn't too bad as it's mostly local traffic. In my experience, not many people use that end of Dorsett as a through-way.

The other comment, about it being near the dump... that one has me really confused? Which dump would that be? I lived right by there (in Maryland Heights, literally walking distance from this house) for 2+ years and never, ever smelled anything off... ever... and I'm really sensitive to smell.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 AM

P.S. Wellsley is way above their desired price range, and is overpriced for that particular subdivision (in my opinion, my Mum's SO lives by there too). Because it's only been on the market for a week, I doubt they'll take a price cut down to the OP's budget, but it IS a very pretty house, I agree.

Sarala is also too expensive for the OP, but since it's been on the market since October they may make a concession in cost.

New Salem is WAY above the OP's budget- there's no way that could ever get even close.

Tramore looks awesome, though, great find!

Old 04-10-2014, 07:49 PM

I can't wait for the 100% yes so I can make a trip up to actually visit the different areas. The poor realtor we worked with when we moved to Texas was awesome and I hate to admit that she showed us over 100 houses. (Yep, I actually went in over a 100 houses.) But when we moved here we could live anywhere in the DFW area. Hubby didn't have a fixed location for his office and could put it in any office. That was both a great thing and a curse as it left DFW wide open to us. It's nice this time to at least have a set office location. Helps narrow the search. My husband will be going into the airport most days around 6am and who knows when he will leave.

If anyone is familiar with the Nashville area we lived in Murfreesboro and he commuted to the Nashville airport which was about a 40 minute commute. We loved Murfreesboro and would love to find an area like that in the St. Louis area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis