Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 10:54 AM

9 posts, read 13,583 times

Advertisements

Another family relocating to St louis. My family and I are now researching the legends in Eureka as a possible landing spot. We have 2 kids, and wondered if anyone should speak to how family friendly the place is. Most homes look to have had kids in them. We are also considering chesterfield and wildwood, but are struggling to find what we want, 4 bedrooms, some yard, family friendly, newer (under 20 yr old house). Any anll feedback is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 06:41 PM

69 posts, read 176,426 times
Hi, I live across from the legends. It's a beautiful community! I will say a lot of the families in there have lived there since the subdivision was built, so their kids are now teens and young adults. At the same time, there are many families that have littler children because it's kind of starting on it's second generation of families if that makes sense. One of my friends lives in there and her street is flooded with families that hang out together, block parties with kids all over riding bikes, etc.

My only drawbacks to the legends:
-It is arguably the nicest subdivision in Eureka, so some residents have an air of "I live in the legends so I am special"
-The roads are not maintained by the city, and they could use some help. During the winter they're not as clear as the rest of town, and the entrance road coming in has bump after bump

Those are both minor, however. Eureka is a great town with wonderful schools, highway access, a great police and fire force, and an active parks and recreation program with lots of family events. I have lived here for 14 years and I love it. Good luck in your search and I hope you'll find Eureka as wonderful as I do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis