Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 07:06 PM

268 posts, read 343,025 times

Advertisements

a lot of those hick depts have zero reason to exist and are nothing but tax collectors to justify their unneeded jobs,edmondson ,charlack berkley vinita park beverly hills jennings.st louis county is all you need.edmondson has 150 folks living there and is one of the biggest pains in the rear in that whole cesspool.why does charlack have a speed camera on I-170?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 10:14 AM

272 posts, read 783,010 times
The municipalities in St. Louis county have always been problematic. Valley Park and St. George police departments were notoriously corrupt and weren't missed when they were dissolved. Modern policing requires a level of competence and judgement that is unlikely to be found in these municipalities. It's easy to hand out speeding tickets or investigating the odd garage break-in, but serious crimes like rape and murder require a level of professionalism that is difficult enough to maintain in large police forces let alone 1 and 2 cop shops that are found throughout St. Louis county.

Like many I'm trying to wrap my head around the events in Ferguson, but my initial feeling is that a county or city cop would have handled the situation differently.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:45 AM

10,000 posts, read 8,504,492 times
I agree with both of you, way too many municipalities. Look how many towns you go thru driving down the Rock Road from Wellston to Bridgeton. Cops hang around that road like vultures. A lot of money can be saved combining them into one municipality and getting rid of all those city halls. In the old days cops patrolled the neighborhoods they grew up in, they walked around the streets and everyone knew each other. They should go back to doing it that way and maybe there would be more trust with everybody.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 PM

592 posts, read 799,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I agree with both of you, way too many municipalities. Look how many towns you go thru driving down the Rock Road from Wellston to Bridgeton. Cops hang around that road like vultures. A lot of money can be saved combining them into one municipality and getting rid of all those city halls. In the old days cops patrolled the neighborhoods they grew up in, they walked around the streets and everyone knew each other. They should go back to doing it that way and maybe there would be more trust with everybody.
I agree with you. These municipal departments are greedy and corrupt. St. John and Ferguson are two of the biggest nuisances in the city.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:30 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,753,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskirwin View Post
The municipalities in St. Louis county have always been problematic. Valley Park and St. George police departments were notoriously corrupt and weren't missed when they were dissolved. Modern policing requires a level of competence and judgement that is unlikely to be found in these municipalities. It's easy to hand out speeding tickets or investigating the odd garage break-in, but serious crimes like rape and murder require a level of professionalism that is difficult enough to maintain in large police forces let alone 1 and 2 cop shops that are found throughout St. Louis county.

Like many I'm trying to wrap my head around the events in Ferguson, but my initial feeling is that a county or city cop would have handled the situation differently.
Valley Park is still there. You really need to inform yourself before making misstatements like you did. They still have their own PD and everything.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:28 AM

15,972 posts, read 9,335,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Valley Park is still there. You really need to inform yourself before making misstatements like you did. They still have their own PD and everything.
No they don't. Valley Park dissolved their PD years ago and they contract with the county.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:10 PM

367 posts, read 761,813 times
Read today where Darren Wilson left a department after it was dissolved during a federal probe of misusing grant money.

I want to see how the jury reacts to testimonies from eyewitnesses Piaget Crenshaw and Tiffany Mitchell.

I don't have a gun, stop shooting.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:52 PM

529 posts, read 1,002,050 times
Bella Villa is a nothing but a $peed trap.

I want 1 government for STL city and STL county. Reunite now

Old 08-15-2014, 10:17 PM

10,000 posts, read 8,504,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdm_ad View Post
Bella Villa is a nothing but a $peed trap.

I want 1 government for STL city and STL county. Reunite now
You have my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis