Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is most true? (pick more than one)
The officer did not commit murder, he was in imminent danger. 84 62.69%
Police are guilty of murder and we have the RIGHT to be in the streets! 12 8.96%
In light of the volitility, a curfew is understandable. 47 35.07%
Police should wear body cameras at all times. 74 55.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times

Advertisements

It came out on the news earlier today that Brown was hit with six rounds. But that doesn't mean there weren't more shots fired. That's something that could have been determined in a matter of seconds i.e. how many rounds were left in the magazine. But I don't recall hearing that information released.

Last edited by r small; 08-18-2014 at 05:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 05:09 PM

317 posts, read 328,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad apples View Post
Did he have the right to shoot Brown 10 times at point blank range? Not sure what you mean with your white racist comment as if whites don't already control everything. Maybe black folks in that town are sick of the behavior of the Furgeson Police Department. When you have been forced to live in poverty looting starts to make a lot of sense when your oppressors are the victims of it. Not justifiying the looters actions if there actually where any looters to begin with.

How are they forced into living in poverty? Are you saying that no one born into poverty in Ferguson has ever got out of it?

I think if anything they're in poverty, because of backwards thinking. They can get a college loan just like the rest of us. They can make choices that will lead them out of poverty. I believe they need extra education at their schools to help them find a way out of poverty and all the incorrect thinking.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:20 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbt1766 View Post
This isn't true. They get the same education that many whites get that come from poorer schools and the whites out perform them.

It is a matter of deep rooted backward thinking that is in many poor black communities. There are blacks that do well in these schools and end up graduating college. If some blacks are able to do it then it means it's the bad students fault not the schools.

That being said the schools could do more, but they might risk being called racist. Schools in these areas should have longer school days and longer school years. They should have special classed to address the many problems in poor black communities, unwanted pregnancies, gangs, drugs and poverty etc. Specials classes on personal finance and the importance of good credit, etc

Black people need more help because they have had to endure more hardships in the past 50 years.
You know all of the above that I bolded I learned from my parents, family and family friends. Hell some of it I actually learned on my own by WAIT FOR IT.....READING A BOOK OR TWO OR THREE!

School can only do so much, major life lessons start at home in the womb.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Black people do not commit more crimes as a percentage of their population, they are convicted of more, big difference there. They are harassed and pulled over with intent to search the vehicle on more occasions. Just as high of percentage of white people commit crimes for things that African Americans have been convicted for. The difference being white guy with broken taillight gets a warning and is told to fix taillight, black guy is thrown to the ground and a dog is run through his car. White guy had an ounce of cocaine under his car hood, goes home and continues selling drugs. black guy has same amount of drugs, goes to prison for ten years.

No you are wrong black people do commit more crimes as a percent of their population.

There is a statistic that proves this. I'll try to explain it right. When a person commits a crime but is never arrested for that crime and the race of the criminal is known black people have a higher percentage than that of their race. Therefore it proves without a doubt that they commit more crimes as a percentage of their race.

I'm not sure if I explained that statistic right, so I'll try again. Let's say that 40% of crimes that the person never got caught for were done by blacks. Blacks make up about 12.6% of the population. This statistic shows without any doubt that blacks commit more crimes as a percent of their population.

This statistic has nothing to do with conviction rates.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:26 PM

If blacks committed the same amount of crimes as whites do as a percent of their population then far less blacks would be shot or arrested.

The cops can't do anything about this. America needs to better educate blacks, so that they can get out of poverty. Blacks are not solely responsible for their bad statistics. The government has failed to offer them more education to help to over come their greater problems.

Blacks and all races are responsible for problems in black America. These problems will not go away and will not improve until everyone is honest enough to identify the problems and then come up with solutions.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:27 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,885 times
Quote:
No you are wrong black people do commit more crimes as a percent of their population.

There is a statistic that proves this. I'll try to explain it right. When a person commits a crime but is never arrested for that crime and the race of the criminal is known black people have a higher percentage than that of their race. Therefore it proves without a doubt that they commit more crimes as a percentage of their race.

I'm not sure if I explained that statistic right, so I'll try again. Let's say that 40% of crimes that the person never got caught for were done by blacks. Blacks make up about 12.6% of the population. This statistic shows without any doubt that blacks commit more crimes as a percent of their population.

This statistic has nothing to do with conviction rates.
If they were never caught then how do they know they committed the crimes? Sounds like rubbish stat to me. Did people volunteer for this study and admit to committing crimes they never got caught doing? Wtf you have convinced me of nothing. White people get away with crimes on an astonishingly higher rate than blacks. I don't need any statistic to tell me this just living in America works for me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHh41or8Rs

http://mic.com/articles/57407/why-wh...-are-criminals

http://talkback4teens.com/2013/08/29...e-most-crimes/

Last edited by bad apples; 08-18-2014 at 05:37 PM..

Old 08-18-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
You know all of the above that I bolded I learned from my parents, family and family friends. Hell some of it I actually learned on my own by WAIT FOR IT.....READING A BOOK OR TWO OR THREE!

School can only do so much, major life lessons start at home in the womb.

This is true. The majority of blacks come from a single parent home, which has major disadvantages.

There are poor whites in Appalachia that have been that way for several generations. Many of them don't have the family structure or good enough parents to guide them out of their poverty. People like this need extra help beyond what their family can offer.

If you came from a bad home and were misinformed all your life you might have a hard time getting out of poverty too.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:34 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,018,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Hobbs View Post
Asians in general usually perform better than whites and blacks
academically. IMO it is their family life and culture that put them above the rest of us.
Family life is often the detriment for many students who perform poorly...family involvement (or lack thereof) can directly relate to a student failing a class...some students are better than others, but when you combine a district that struggles financially with students who receive little academic help from their families, then you're in a situation that's destined for failure...

Old 08-18-2014, 05:36 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
Quote:
What you wrote is pure garbage. People who look suspicious get stopped by the police no matter what race. If you look like a thug of any race or you're doing something suspicious it increases the chance of getting stopped by police.

If you're a black man professionally dressed and you're driving to work in a non-pimped out vehicle there is little chance you'll be stopped.
Pimping out your vehicle does not warrant being stopped by crime stoppers. This is their creative right. If said AA was in a suit or not- it does not justify unfair treatment.

Should we issue warrants to search homes with great gardens, yards or gazebo's? Each proves costly including maintenance and creative touch.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
If they were never caught then how do they know they committed the crimes? Sounds like rubbish stat to me. Did people volunteer for this study and admit to committing crimes they never got caught doing? Wtf you have convinced me of nothing. White people get away with crimes on an astonishingly higher rate than blacks. I don't need any statistic to tell me this just living in America works for me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHh41or8Rs

Why Whites Commit Crimes, But Blacks Are Criminals - Mic

I present a statistic that clearly explains blacks commit more crimes as a percent of their population and you ignore it.

Here's another fact for you. Poor people of every race commit more crimes. Now lets tie this back into blacks committing more crimes. There is a higher percent of poor black people than poor whites.

The truth stares you right in the face are you going to continue to deny the truth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis